Biostar releases XP compatible motherboard

Dibya

Well, fair enough, but DDR3 and such an old socket (LGA 1155) from 2013, it's hardly gonna attract anyone...

I mean, who would want two DDR3 slots and an Ivy Bridge 22nm Intel CPU when the best thing you can put there is an Intel Core i7-4960X 6c/12th 15MB of cache released on September 2013...

It would be useful to have modern chipsets released with Windows XP drivers, not old deprecated stuff brought back into manufacturing and offered as new when they're clearly not... :(

Edited by FranceBB

2 hours ago, FranceBB said:

Well, fair enough, but DDR3 and such an old socket (LGA 1155) from 2013, it's hardly gonna attract anyone...

I mean, who would want two DDR3 slots and an Ivy Bridge 22nm Intel CPU when the best thing you can put there is an Intel Core i7-4960X 6c/12th 15MB of cache released on September 2013...

It would be useful to have modern chipsets released with Windows XP drivers, not old deprecated stuff brought back into manufacturing and offered as new when they're clearly not... :(

I fail to see the point in using a CPU with tons of threads with XP anyway. XP's scheduler is pretty bad. 

22 minutes ago, sparty411 said:

I fail to see the point in using a CPU with tons of threads with XP anyway. XP's scheduler is pretty bad. 

How so?

c

1 hour ago, sparty411 said:

I wouldn't say that there is a severe disadvantage, at least for NT 5.2. I just dredged up some Cinebench R11.5 x64 results from my Xeon X5670 (6C/12T) PC:

Server 2008 SP2: 8.04 CPU pts

XP x64 SP2: 7.98 CPU pts

Windows 10 Pro 1803: 7.50 CPU pts (this is probably due to software Spectre mitigations, which were not applied to 2008 and don't exist for 2003)

I did hear that the CPU scheduler was improved between XP and 2003 (which is designed to be used with many CPU threads and even has a "compute cluster" edition for supercomputers), though. And I always find 2003 to be smoother, especially the x64 port.

Edited by win32