How do you make Aero Glass work with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge?

Hi guys, im not sure if a topic already exists for this but how do you make Aero Glass work with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge? It works ok with Internet Explorer but just not on those. I know it will likely be a setting of some sort on these browsers that's needing enabled etc for Aero Glass to work on them.

I am using the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Pro updated to the latest updates.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by JamisClarks41

Startup Chrome with the following command line :     "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-windows10-custom-titlebar

Right click on you Google Chrome icon and select Properties and edit the Target field to append the "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar" string

9 minutes ago, andy_h said:

Startup Chrome with the following command line :     "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-windows10-custom-titlebar

Right click on you Google Chrome icon and select Properties and edit the Target field to append the "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar" string

Thanks for the help mate.  Hopping someone knows how to get it working with Microsoft Edge

Just downloaded Edge Chrome and launched it with the appended flag/string "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar" and it works for me just like Google Chrome.

Note that  if you are launching Edge Chrome or Google Chrome from the Taskbar you need append the "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar" to the Target string on the pinned Icon.

To do that right click on the pinned icon and then right click on Micosoft Edge and the select Properties, then edit the Target string.

17 minutes ago, andy_h said:

Just downloaded Edge Chrome and launched it with the appended flag/string "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar" and it works for me just like Google Chrome.

Note that  if you are launching Edge Chrome or Google Chrome from the Taskbar you need append the "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar" to the Target string on the pinned Icon.

To do that right click on the pinned icon and then right click on Micosoft Edge and the select Properties, then edit the Target string.

Got it working now. Thanks.

22 hours ago, andy_h said:

This stopped working for me on my current Edge, I have 81.0.416.68

31 minutes ago, SkyySX said:

This stopped working for me on my current Edge, I have 81.0.416.68

I'm using Edge 81.0.416.68 and working fine.  You have to make sure the Target String is correct. For me in using this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" "-disable-windows10-custom-titlebar"

If its still not working for you then not sure what the issue could be.

Edited by JamisClarks41

The parameter appears to be functional in current Dev version of Edge:

FRaIcJF.png

No glassy frame here though 'cause no 32-bit support. I tried 64-bit version of Windows 10 on that laptop once and it was too slow to be bearable.

• 1 year later...

False alarm, it's still there...just doesn't work as long as Startup Boost feature is enabled.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/startup-boost-prevents-usage-of-command-line-switches/m-p/1937902

Edit: Actually broken in Edge 95, guess it was only the matter of time.

Edited by UCyborg