ACPI.sys for Windows 7?

FantasyAcquiesce

Hello MSFN,
I am wondering if it would be possible for me to install Windows Vista or 7 on PC w/ ACPI issues for anything older than Windows 8. I recall my all-in-one Dell PC from 2013 giving me a BSoD after installing Windows 7 because of ACPI issues. Is there any updated file for Windows Vista or 7 systems? I am hoping to use one of those instead of Windows 8/10.

SATA drivers shouldn't be a problem because even Windows XP has unofficial drivers that will probably work on Vista/7. USB 3.0 is also covered for XP and later.

I am desperately seeking ACPI 5.0 on Windows 7.

Thank you for your time. 

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very strange issue. I have never seen Windows 7 give a BSoD related to ACPI. Even Windows Vista SP2 unmodified has no ACPI issues on my Ryzen computer. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is a BIOS setting.

10 hours ago, Ximonite said:

This is a very strange issue. I have never seen Windows 7 give a BSoD related to ACPI. Even Windows Vista SP2 unmodified has no ACPI issues on my Ryzen computer. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is a BIOS setting.

Maybe there is some bug in the bios? I remember a lenovo computer, i had ACPI related issues on GNU/Linux the first time i tried installing, after upgrading the bios the problem got solved. Idk if is correct but maybe upgrading the BIOS...

Edited by MrNadix
comma