Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Karol

Does a motherboard have a graphics card?

I want to buy a motherboard and a CPU. i don't demand much from the comp or the resolution, it's 1366x768
I don't want to buy a graphics card and there is an Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support. do i need a CPU with a graphics card?
What does the chip on the motherboard, does it only connect the graphics card, whether it's in the CPU or stands alone, to the HDMI etc. connectors?
If i don't want to insert a separate graphics card, then, i understand, i have to buy a CPU with one inside, right?

1 hour ago, Karol said:

i don't demand much from the comp or the resolution, it's 1366x768

Then *any* will do.

You can have a motherboard with support to a CPU that "includes" a GPU (a graphic processor unit), this is what is common, or have a motherboard which includes an embedded graphic card with a separate GPU, not unlike a video card, only soldered to the motherboard (these tend to be rare nowadays). 

As a matter of fact, if you don' t need particular speed of the CPU (it depends on your use), you could get away with an "embedded CPU" (and fanless) motherboard, saving quite a bit of money when compared to buying the motherboard+ the CPU + heatsink/fan, only as examples:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900M/

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-IMB1900N-rev-10/sp#sp

jaclaz