Windows 10 18363.778 (Build 1909)

Lifell

Hey, I've installed the latest version now available on http://www.glass8.eu/ and it still crashes. Apparently I have a slightly different version from the usual 1909 build? The one reported is "18363.752"
image.png.9af0795b5ab9d45c6aaee67f48d63a3f.png

Also posted my debug.log file. I enabled the EnableLogging thing but I'm not sure if it has any effect. If anyone needs any more info, don't hesitate to ask for it.

EDIT: Seems I made a mistake and reported a duplicate issue now? The other thread is still ongoing. I guess 1909 worked fine but newer updates off this "branch" did not. So yeah, if anyone can delete this topic, that would be great. Sorry.

debug.log

Edited by Lifell

7 hours ago, Lifell said:

Hey, I've installed the latest version now available on http://www.glass8.eu/ and it still crashes. Apparently I have a slightly different version from the usual 1909 build? The one reported is "18363.752"
image.png.9af0795b5ab9d45c6aaee67f48d63a3f.png

Also posted my debug.log file. I enabled the EnableLogging thing but I'm not sure if it has any effect. If anyone needs any more info, don't hesitate to ask for it.

EDIT: Seems I made a mistake and reported a duplicate issue now? The other thread is still ongoing. I guess 1909 worked fine but newer updates off this "branch" did not. So yeah, if anyone can delete this topic, that would be great. Sorry.

debug.log 32.66 kB · 1 download

Yeah we have to wait for the new version, or you could replace your DWM files with the ones of the old Windows build if you're willing to do that to your system.

Side-note, are you the same Lifell that by chance plays Final Fantasy XIV? I'm on a Discord for the game that also features a Lifell :P

11 hours ago, SkyySX said:

Yeah we have to wait for the new version, or you could replace your DWM files with the ones of the old Windows build if you're willing to do that to your system.

Side-note, are you the same Lifell that by chance plays Final Fantasy XIV? I'm on a Discord for the game that also features a Lifell :P

Yes, that's me :P. And fair enough. I hope the person who makes this has time soon. World is in chaos now and I'm suspecting that he/she is rather busy with things at the moment.

15 hours ago, Lifell said:

Yes, that's me :P. And fair enough. I hope the person who makes this has time soon. World is in chaos now and I'm suspecting that he/she is rather busy with things at the moment.

Ah funny how small the world is, I didn't think you would be using AG too! :D And yeah no matter how long it takes, I'm always grateful about any update BigMuscle gives us.

16 minutes ago, dimapoter said:

Wait. You can just roll back dwm.exe from the previous 1909 builds? Do I need to replace any other DLLs like dwmcore.dll and such?

You just need to replace both dwmcore.dll and uDWM.dll in the C:\Windows\System32 folder with the previous version from the windows update that did work with Aero Glass. Recommend doing a backup before doing this in case causes issues.

Edited by JamisClarks41

5 hours ago, JamisClarks41 said:

You just need to replace both dwmcore.dll and uDWM.dll in the C:\Windows\System32 folder with the previous version from the windows update that did work with Aero Glass. Recommend doing a backup before doing this in case causes issues.

So let me get this straight... Do I have to roll back to get/use the 2 files OR can I keep on .778 and replace the affected files? IF I can stay on .778... is it possible for someone to upload the 2 "working" files for replacement as an attachment?

What was the last v1909 that aeroglass worked on. As I not been able to use it for a long time and just tried it on Windows 10 1909 build 18363.657 which I had on VM and aeroglass still said it incompatible. 

I'm on version 18363.815 of Windows 10.  My dwmcore.dll version is 10.0.18362.752, and my version of uDWM.dll is the same.  Aeroglass works properly on some things but not on others.  For instance it works fine on the personalization applet, but not on my web browser (Pale Moon).  What version of the two DLL's works properly?

6 hours ago, eyeofthebeholder said:

So let me get this straight... Do I have to roll back to get/use the 2 files OR can I keep on .778 and replace the affected files? IF I can stay on .778... is it possible for someone to upload the 2 "working" files for replacement as an attachment?

I had attached those 2 files from build 18363.657. But there more involved then replacing those 2 files. Everything you need is in the zip file with read me instructions. Thanks to @UCyborg for his instructions at 

File link below

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkEznDUFPGp3hOEBkYPXvHP_axlg4A?e=Fl8MnG

2 hours ago, daveo76 said:

I had attached those 2 files from build 18363.657. But there more involved then replacing those 2 files. Everything you need is in the zip file with read me instructions. Thanks to @UCyborg for his instructions at 

File link below

Thanks! I will try when I get a chance.

2 hours ago, daveo76 said:

File link below

Would that also work as a temporary hack to get Aero Glass working on 2004?

I once tried replacing Win10 1809 DWM files with the ones from Win10 1803 because Aero Peek worked correctly with that version, as long as you had Aero Glass running. Besides the files mentioned, I also replaced dwm.exe, dwmapi.dll and dwmredir.dll. DWM failed to start. I guess there are dependencies on each major Windows build specifics.

16 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

I once tried replacing Win10 1809 DWM files with the ones from Win10 1803 because Aero Peek worked correctly with that version, as long as you had Aero Glass running. Besides the files mentioned, I also replaced dwm.exe, dwmapi.dll and dwmredir.dll. DWM failed to start. I guess there are dependencies on each major Windows build specifics.

Hmm I see, I might just test in A VM them and see what I end up with.