Attempting to Use Rloew's CD Slipstreamer

FantasyAcquiesce

Hello,

I am attempting to use the R. Loew Electronics Slipstream Builder Scripts Version 1.3, but I am finding myself rather lost on the whole thing. I downloaded Rloew's slipstreamer and ran the file on Windows 7, but I am struggling a bit to figure the thing out because I'm more of a newbie. I really hope I can do something similar to the Unattended BootCD project that once existed on MSFN. I really love the concept of automating Windows 9x to install essential files like rloew's ram, SATA, including software and including my own key. It's really time consuming for me to install Windows ME fresh on my existing computers because I have to update, install DirectX 9, include the SATA-CD rom driver, install system drivers, install KernelEx, NTFS (and manually copy updates, and ASPI. The process tends to take me 2-3 hours to do.

Or, if I could do something similar to autopatcher, I would be super thankful.

Now, I am attempting to use the slipstreamer, but have no idea where I'm going.

-One of the file requirements is XFILE in PATH. I'm honestly not too sure what to do here...

Afterwards, I created a new folder for a Windows ME installation, coped scripts (*.BAT) and BASE.DDF (I copied everything) into the folder. Then, I copied my Windows ME cab files into the proper folder, then ran the SPLITME.exe. Now, I'm just overall pretty confused how to add system updates and creating new cab files.

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce

"One of the file requirements is XFILE in PATH. I'm honestly not too sure what to do here..."

It just means the slipstream scripts use rloew's xfile.exe and in order to be able to use it it must be in the windows search path such as the windows dir or the system dir or any dir set as path in your environment variables.

>>Now, I'm just overall pretty confused how to add system updates and creating new cab files.

CabPack 1.4 https://www.techspot.com/downloads/7104-cabpack.html or you can use any compatible compression program UltimateZip for example select Archivetype - Cab Files.

Batch files open first before the Exe with the same name so a Bat file that includes the updates instructions with the same name as the SetUp program for example SetUp.bat for SetUp.exe can be made. A Batch file tutorial http://www.trytoprogram.com/batch-file/ or the oemsetup bin file could be edited or similar idea.

Slipstream mentioned here https://msfn.org/board/topic/177798-use-custom-cab-files-for-a-win9x-installation/

Edited by Goodmaneuver