Are Microsoft Office ISO/MSI (Non C2R) periodic updates “Cumulative Rollups” just like Windows?

Are Microsoft Office ISO/MSI (Non C2R) periodic updates “Cumulative Rollups” just like Windows?

Latest updates for versions of Office that use Windows Installer (MSI)
04/15/2020 - 2 minutes to read
Use the links on this page to get more information about and download
the most recent updates
for the perpetual versions of Office 2016, Office 2013, and Office 2010.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/office-updates-msi

* Are these "monthly" Office Updates **"Cumulative" i.e. cover previous patches/ updates?** 
* As is the case now with **Windows Monthly Rollups** (Security & Non Security versions). 

**Note:** Red marked areas below. 
FVMh1.png 

Edited by crashnburn4u

• 5 months later...

On 4/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, crashnburn4u said:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/office-updates-msi

* Are these "monthly" Office Updates **"Cumulative" i.e. cover previous patches/ updates?** 
* As is the case now with **Windows Monthly Rollups** (Security & Non Security versions). 

**Note:** Red marked areas below. 
FVMh1.png 

They're not fully cumulatively. They're only cumulative for the specific product that covers.

Since Microsoft doesn't put them all in one place (why NOT???), you have to manually keep going back until you have the latest of each one. Annoying, and you'll need to map out the dependencies, but I think after 2018 or 2017 everything's been superseded at least once.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, Dylan Cruz said:

They're not fully cumulatively. They're only cumulative for the specific product that covers.

Please do elaborate. 

On 10/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, Dylan Cruz said:

Since Microsoft doesn't put them all in one place (why NOT???), you have to manually keep going back until you have the latest of each one. Annoying, and you'll need to map out the dependencies, but I think after 2018 or 2017 everything's been superseded at least once.

So what ought to be the installation strategy here? 

6 minutes ago, crashnburn4u said:

Please do elaborate. 

For instance, Microsoft will release a patch that updates Word, Excel, and Outlook to the latest build one month, then the next month maybe PowerPoint, InfoPath, and Access, then Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook the next month. Hence, you have to go back until you're sure you have the latest copy of everything. Once you've done that, you can download the latest every month and replace what you already have. Usually the updates are within a few KB or MB of each other and they start with the same name - AND the update will say "KB # supersedes KB #" so you can find the old one and delete it.

But you have to do it for all components of Office separately - unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, crashnburn4u said:

So what ought to be the installation strategy here? 

Once I have all the packages, I extract them and get the CAB files (I think?) from them and slipstream them into the ISO, then install. I've only used the updates when doing an install, not afterwards. Since Office 2010 support ends next Tuesday, no point in updating anyways ever again after that, a clean install is all one would ever need to do.