Firefox 24 - 52 for ME and 98

15 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

So, I have to include both the newer and older versions of MSVCR to launch firefox?

No, I can only have one MSVCR70.DLL in the system folder. Sorry it is twice there.

Schwups :

I see there is a language difference, I tried harder to get you to answer the question, a simple yes or no was all that was required. But thank you and I can eliminate that the other FireFoxes that use XPcom do not interfere with FF35. Your upload is not patched though as I tried to say before, it has some prefs.js settings which will not make a difference in whether it starts or not.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

I don't have changed the js prefs! I only have used the ImportPatcher for the replacement. Yes, I had the XPCXOM error before. After the replacement the error was gone. I had repeated this several times on two computers always with the same result to be sure. Now I started a third machine.

Edited by schwups

I checked again and there is no file patching but it doesn't matter as long as it works. If you want to say what files you did the import patching or what was the detail then that might help. I downloaded the GB FireFox portable 35.01 and all files are the same except for some reason the GB download from GitHub, the XUL,dll  had a checksum error but they are exactly the same apart from this. Your uploaded XUL has the checksum removed, that is 0x00000000 the GitHub GB left the check sum error there. Check with DW and check with WinMerge if you want.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

OK, I like to believe you. The ImportPatcher did nothing. I will take away this file. But I think it was not for nothing so far to find out for this community what is needed. I don't know why I got the same result again and again???

Edited by schwups

Yeah its OK I haven't made my system the same as yours just yet. How have you installed the other machines? If using the same system installation then it should work on all 3 machines. What do you mean by taking away this file. Do you mean removing the uploaded FF35? Curious though, you said you have 3 versions of FF installed on a machine but you never said FF35 which would make the count 4.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

I just installed v35 (Count 4) on my main computer without any errors. The profils folder was partially overwritten or updated. So far no problems. Untill then I ran the portable 35 on this machine. Yes I removed the link to FF35. Look into the first post for changes. As I said before, I ran usually Firefox portables (9.0.1) with own profils the last years.

Edited by schwups

I would like to apologize for false statements and results and maybe that I've caused confusion. Somehow my computers had played a prank on me. Now, I started from scratch with only DirectX9c and IE6SP1 installed. Then I added only KernelEX24 +Auxiliary DLL Updates . FF35 portable has started without all the updates. That should be impossible.

Edited by schwups

Yes, my partion backup  - from scratch - to check out what's needed included directX9c  and IE6SP1. I just wanted to say, that it's only minimally updated, not that DX is a requirement.

Firstly this is my findings and not necessarily what others are experiencing. I got the FF35 portable to work a bit.The 2 key auxiliary dlls ( PDH and WTSAPI32 ) involved with successfully not getting the XPcom message, had to be in follower mode, any other setting and the XPcom message happened. The browser still stalled when downloading the pages like other Mozilla browsers after version 9. The FireFox program in the App\FireFox if used as the start up of the browser will use the %AppData% folder and having less in the line of startup would be better. Once shut down then FF35 had no internet access - no websites attempting to download on restart. ( The text to URL does not seem to work or the enter or arrow does not respond ). I deleted the application data for Mozilla and it did access internet OK again but even with a clean shutdown the profile has to be deleted for the internet access to return. My findings are similar to Bruninho's. FF35 is using the WBEM files.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

I have freezing on GoogleSearch(Mozilla Startpage) - Firefox 24 up to 26. Yandex still works, but I really don't like it. My preferred search engines don't open anymore on FF24.

Secure Connection Failed - An error occurred during a connection to metager.de. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

I will try this, but at the moment I fiddle with the engine list / Adressbar failure. It is principle only one error.  I think I have it working. Deleting search.json in the Data folder restores the list. With the first run remove Google, maybe more you don't want, add your favorite engines and set the search.json file to read only. But I haven't yet confirmed the exact order. FF35.0.1:

FF35.png

Edited by schwups