Firefox 24 - 52 for ME and 98

Try LocaleNameToLCID=>KERNEL32:ConvertDefaultLocale that will partially do the conversion and it will probably be OK. NLSDL should have worked with KEX disabled but it did not so try NLSDL Win10 with LocaleNameToLCID=>KERNEL32:ConvertDefaultLocale. BTW I use Dibya's ExKernel now but before I was using NLSDL and it was working with Cometbird9 and also KernelEx logging. I have done what I said with Win10 NSLDL above and it works see picture. Also if that does not work then perhaps returning the LCID with GetUserDefaultLCID or GetSystemDefaultLCID from Kernel32 for LocaleNameToLCID.

NLSDL.png

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Typing spellcheck errors.

No, unfortunately, none of that eliminates the exception. I do not intend to experiment with ExKernel in the near future. Sure, this could be interesting as well.

NLSDL Win10 seems to load, but thats a bit strange:

LocalNTLCID.png.c15171630f20c32c1e0b8b6e346ed2ff.png

NLSDL of XP or 7 has no module warnings or error images.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, schwups said:

First chance exception 0x406D1388

A short article on thread naming using exception 0x406D1388.

Calling DLL is debug version or thinks it detects a debugger. DW profiling might support this technique.

NOT related to the LCID functions.

Also: Failing very first LCID call might prevent subsequent calls.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:29 PM, jumper said:

If the app is multiprocess, all processes must be terminated. Firefox54 and other browsers might be. Check with a process viewer and try logging out.

Does logging show the new definition, the old, or the wrong api entirely?

It isn't, there's only one Firefox process. I didn't see new defs.

Edited by schwups

Avrt.dll win7

On 5/7/2023 at 6:00 AM, jumper said:

Change:

On 5/6/2023 at 8:39 PM, schwups said:

;-- C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AVRT.DLL --;

Exports

[AVRT.DLL]

Then add "..\system\avrt.dll" to Contents=

I guess my configuration is still wrong or perhaps KernelEx simply doesn't work this way. I'm not sure.

I've Avrt.dll (renamed kexstubs dll file) and avrt.ini in the system folder. So no real avrt.dll (these are renamed).

Core.ini contents line: contents=DX10,Kstub825,std,Kexbasen,Kexbases,Falkon,..\system\avrt.dll,Uxth,Mypal,KexVista

I also tried the whole Path C:\windows\system\avrt.dll

ini file now:

;-- C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AVRT.DLL --;

[AVRT.DLL]
AvQuerySystemResponsiveness=
AvRevertMmThreadCharacteristics=
AvRtCreateThreadOrderingGroup=
AvRtCreateThreadOrderingGroupExA=
AvRtCreateThreadOrderingGroupExW=
AvRtDeleteThreadOrderingGroup=
AvRtJoinThreadOrderingGroup=
AvRtLeaveThreadOrderingGroup=
AvRtWaitOnThreadOrderingGroup=
AvSetMmMaxThreadCharacteristicsA=
AvSetMmMaxThreadCharacteristicsW=
AvSetMmThreadCharacteristicsA=
AvSetMmThreadCharacteristicsW=
AvSetMmThreadPriority=

9 hours ago, jumper said:

Calling DLL is debug version or thinks it detects a debugger. DW profiling might support this technique.

If DW detects a debugger it will not like it. A typical example is when using MDM.exe. DW has its own debugging techniques setup before profiling.

9 hours ago, jumper said:

Also: Failing very first LCID call might prevent subsequent calls.

Agreed; the one prior to the exception can be responsible for the memory allocation problem.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Better

7 hours ago, schwups said:

NLSDL of XP or 7 has no module warnings or error images.

The language code identifier to locale name and locale name to language code identifier functions may not be needed anyway for the browser to work for WinME.

0x0C00 is a default LCID. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-lcid/926e694f-1797-4418-a922-343d1c5e91a6

Yes, these are with the current "kext configuration" the best values. But these are exactly the ones I had before.

I tried to load DWMAPI.dll of Win7. The file is mandatory. The early version 6.0.5270.9 loads, but might not be sufficient. First I have to enable Bool - IsThreadDesktopComposited (user32) and then RtlInitializeGenericTable (ntdll). RtlInitializeGenericTable is a pointer (return value none). This is problematic., because various errors occur. Do I have a possibility here without waiting for the Kex update? Also there are subsequently other calls. 1005 (ordinal) GDI32, 1554 (ordinal) User32, _except_handler4_common and more.

Redirect it to LZ32 and let the new resolver handle the dependencies. DWM is for hardware acceleraton of desktop rendering, so we really don't want it.  What is calling it?

DWMAPI is mandatory since v11th Feb. I get couldn't load xpcom without it. Maybe there is principally a possibility to remove this file check, but I don't know how. DWMAPI is called by XUL.dll.

Edited by schwups