Firefox 24 - 52 for ME and 98

19 hours ago, schwups said:

我刚刚在Firefox 35.01 portable中成功运行了Flash插件21.0.0.242播放器。

Can you send the flash 21 installation package?

Edited by Win95rtm

19 hours ago, Welder said:

Hi. Mypal was long abandoned and the author decided to move to the new Firefox engine. I saw a screenshot of how he managed to run Firefox 91 on XP. My question is. If the new Firefox XP will be available, will it be possible to move it to 98 ?. It's nice to have a new Firefox 98 / ME and to play Geforce Now in Cyberpunk and in The Witcher 3. It would be funny if you could run Firefox 98 on Windows 98; D

If Firefox 98 run on XP, it can run on Windows 2000 and Win2000 is similar to ME and 98 in the theme

but this impossible because Windows loads DLLs between NT 5.x (Win2000/XP) and 6.x (Vista and later) are different :unsure:

Edited by windows2

1 hour ago, windows2 said:

If Firefox 98 run on XP, it can run on Windows 2000 and Win2000 is similar to ME and 98 in the theme

but this impossible because Windows loads DLLs between NT 5.x (Win2000/XP) and 6.x (Vista and later) are different :unsure:

However, I have such an internal feeling that it will be able to running Firefox. Quoting the title of Peter Kummer's book "Nothing is impossible" :)

9 minutes ago, Welder said:

However, I have such an internal feeling that it will be able to running Firefox. Quoting the title of Peter Kummer's book "Nothing is impossible" :)

I hope so , but it requires drastic changes, I think that Wildbill's has started working on this matter in the past with Windows 2000, but unfortunately Wildbill now does not exist.

Maybe Ximonite will develop this, but it's complicated and its success rate can't be known. 

43 minutes ago, Win95rtm said:

I found that the firefox working on Windows98 is different from that on win10. Even if firfox42 is used on 98, it cannot be loaded, while win10 can be easily loaded with firefox42.

Yes, and this is due to a difference in the method of loading DLLs between Windows 98 and 10. Also, there are old functions in Windows 98 that need to be updated and may also cause slowdowns.

11 hours ago, windows2 said:

Yes, and this is due to a difference in the method of loading DLLs between Windows 98 and 10. Also, there are old functions in Windows 98 that need to be updated and may also cause slowdowns.

It would be great if someone could port the newer chrome to win98

On 2/15/2022 at 2:45 AM, windows2 said:

Windows loads DLLs between NT 5.x (Win2000/XP) and 6.x (Vista and later) are different

Dll forwarding was not implemented in win98 but the operating system requirements were dropped in the later OS's. For example you can use Control.exe from Win10 KernelEx disabled. 10240 is fully functional with the internal icon displayed.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:50 AM, Welder said:

Hi. Mypal was long abandoned and the author decided to move to the new Firefox engine. I saw a screenshot of how he managed to run Firefox 91 on XP. My question is. If the new Firefox XP will be available, will it be possible to move it to 98 ?. It's nice to have a new Firefox 98 / ME and to play Geforce Now in Cyberpunk and in The Witcher 3. It would be funny if you could run Firefox 98 on Windows 98; D

almost impossible

On 2/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, Win95rtm said:

almost impossible

We don't know yet. We will have to wait until Feodor2 finishes his new web browser, and then see if it will work on Windows 98/ME. That of course depends on how much API calls Feodor2's web browser will use that aren't in KernelEx yet.

• 1 month later...

I tried new Mypal 68.12.1, but it doesn't run. I have already disabled browser.tabs.remote.autostart and have edited dependentlibs.list.

It runs on my WinXP. So there might be hope!

From what I've seen, it's running great on XP. His work on DX9 isn't finished.

Edited by schwups

DependencyWalker - Mypal.exe:
No red marked error in the profiling log. Message "Couldn't load XPCOM" at "unload "NSS3.DLL" at address 0x00F00000 by thread 0xFFCB94E3".
LGPLLIBS.DLL unloaded before. Used: Ucrtbase.dll 10.0.14393.795.
Mypal 68 runs also with older Ucrtbase.dll 10.0.14393.795 on XP (briefly tested). So I think version 10.0.17763.1 isn't required and this version isn't the reason why Maypal 68 doesn't start.

(Ucrtbase.dll is compatible up to version 10.0.14xxx.xxx. Ucrtbase.dll of Maypal (68) (10.0.16 / 10.0.17 (68) is not compatible with my ME/KernelEX.)

My latest API's (Kext ini):

[ADVAPI32.dll]
CredDeleteA=o3e
CredReadA=f4e                                                                  ;Mypal68 (missing in Win2k)
CredWriteA=f2e                                                                 ;Mypal68 (missing in Win2k)
EnumDynamicTimeZoneInformation=
GetDynamicTimeZoneInformationEffectiveYears=

[KERNEL32.DLL]
AddDllDirectory=
CompareObjectHandles=
;CompareStringEx=                                                            ;have problem to find useful def/stub
CopyFile2=
CreateFile2=
CreateMutexExA=
CreateMutexExW=
CreateRemoteThreadEx=
CreateWaitableTimerExW=
DeleteVolumeMountPointW=
DeleteSynchronizationBarrier=
EnterSynchronizationBarrier=
FindNLSString=
FindStringOrdinal=
GetCalendarInfoEx=
GetCurrentProcessorNumberEx=
GetCurrentThreadStackLimits=
GetFileMUIInfo=
GetFileMUIPath=
GetFinalPathNameByHandleA=
GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx=
GetNamedPipeClientComputerNameW=
GetNLSVersion=
GetNLSVersionEx=
GetProcessMitigationPolicy=
GetProcessPreferredUILanguages=
GetSystemPreferredUILanguages=
GetThreadIdealProcessorEx=
GetThreadPreferredUILanguages=
GetTimeZoneInformationForYear=
GetUILanguageInfo=
GetVolumeInformationByHandleW=
HeapSummary=
IdnToUnicode=
InitializeSynchronizationBarrier=
;InitOnceBeginInitialize=f4e                                              ;have problem to find def/stub Mypal68
InitOnceComplete=z3e
;InitOnceInitialize=                                                            ;have problem to find useful def/stub Mypal68
IsNLSDefinedString=
IsValidLocaleName=z1
IsValidNLSVersion=
QueryProcessAffinityUpdateMode=
RemoveDllDirectory=z1e
SetDefaultDllDirectories=z1e
SetDynamicTimeZoneInformation=
SetEnvironmentStringsW=
SetProcessAffinityUpdateMode=
SetProcessMitigationPolicy=
SetProcessPreferredUILanguages=
SetStdHandleEx=
SetThreadIdealProcessorEx=
SetThreadPreferredUILanguages=
SetWaitableTimerEx=
SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTimeEx=
TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTimeEx=
WaitOnAddress=
WakeByAddressAll=
WakeByAddressSingle=
WindowsCreateString=
WindowsDeleteString=

[ntdll.dll]
NtReleaseKeyedEvent=z4                                               ;Mypal68 (missing in Win2k)
NtWaitForKeyedEvent=                                                  ;Mypal68 (missing in Win2k)
RtlCopyLuidAndAttributesArray=
RtlIpv4AddressToStringExW=
RtlIpv6AddressToStringExW=
RtlIpv4StringToAddressExW=

[OLEAUT32.DLL]
327(0x0147)                                                                 ; unsupported ordinal Mypal68

[Urlmon.dll]
CreateUri=