Firefox 24 - 52 for ME and 98

2 hours ago, MSwin98forever said:

when i run firefox.exe (not firefoxportable.exe) me gives error "Kernel32:IsProcessorFeaturePresent"

It should not happen if the application is selected to run with NT Service pack 4 or above. The Core.ini description for [NT40] should be changed to NT 4.0 SP4 as NTSP5 required apps do not install unless Win2K or above mode is operative with KernelEx. IsProcessorFeaturePresent is a native function of Kernel32.dll. Check it out with Dependency Walker. The only line that should be in Core.ini for this function as stated by Jumper was for Win95 of which IsProcessorFeaturePresent is not a function of Win95 Kernel32. So the error of IsProcessorFeaturePresent can be removed by deleting the lines that have it in Core.ini. If you right click on the ForeFox.exe and in the KernelEx property sheet display it should state what mode you have chosen for the app. There should be a decisive black radio dot with white around it with no other high lighted option. Run Dependency Walker with the same mode as the App that does not run and choose to profile it. It might show up a hint to why it does not run. Why are you running only 16 colors? How far back can you go with System Restore? Is everything else that should run without KernelEx working as it should? FireFox 9.01 will not run without KernelEx as far as I know.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Thanks for clarifying, it's some years ago. I almost forgot. The old core.ini of 4.5.2 don't have those lines.

Core.ini 20i: I don't have the marked lines in my ini file.

Try delete these lines.

BASE.names.98]
GDI32.GetCharABCWidthsI=none
GDI32.GetRandomRgn=std
GDI32.GetTextMetricsA=std
GDI32.GetWorldTransform=std
GDI32.ModifyWorldTransform=std
GDI32.SetGraphicsMode=std
GDI32.SetMapMode=std
KERNEL32.CreateIoCompletionPort=std
KERNEL32.FlsAlloc=none
KERNEL32.GetVersion=std
KERNEL32.IsProcessorFeaturePresent=none
KERNEL32.VerSetConditionMask=none
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoA=none
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoW=none
NTDLL.LdrUnloadDll=none
NTDLL.RtlVerifyVersionInfo=none
SHELL32.SHParseDisplayName=none

[BASE.names.Me]
GDI32.GetCharABCWidthsI=none
GDI32.GetRandomRgn=std
GDI32.GetTextMetricsA=std
GDI32.GetWorldTransform=std
GDI32.ModifyWorldTransform=std
GDI32.SetGraphicsMode=std
GDI32.SetMapMode=std
KERNEL32.CreateIoCompletionPort=std
KERNEL32.FlsAlloc=none
KERNEL32.GetVersion=std
KERNEL32.IsProcessorFeaturePresent=none
KERNEL32.VerSetConditionMask=none
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoA=none
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoW=none
NTDLL.LdrUnloadDll=none
NTDLL.RtlVerifyVersionInfo=none
SECUR32.DecryptMessage=std
SECUR32.EncryptMessage=std
SHELL32.SHParseDisplayName=none
USER32.AllowSetForegroundWindow=std
USER32.LockSetForegroundWindow=std
USER32.GetMouseMovePointsEx=std

--- Windows NT ---

[NT40]
inherit=BASE
desc=Windows NT 4.0 SP6a

[NT40.names]
GDI32.GetRandomRgn=kexbases.0
GDI32.GetTextMetricsA=kexbases.0
GDI32.GetWorldTransform=kexbases.0
GDI32.ModifyWorldTransform=kexbases.0
GDI32.SetGraphicsMode=kexbases.0
GDI32.SetMapMode=kexbases.0
GDI32.SetWorldTransform=kexbases.1
KERNEL32.CreateIoCompletionPort=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.IsProcessorFeaturePresent=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.GetVersion=kexbases.3
KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.4
KERNEL32.GetVersionExW=kexbases.4
NTDLL.RtlGetVersion=kexbases.4

24 minutes ago, MSwin98forever said:

It turns out firefox won't work on my Windows 98? That’s why everyone has worked firefox and I don’t? I use all the same files, I use all sorts of advice, and there is nothing worked, can this be fixed at all?

Try copying firefox to a directory that does not contain cyrillic letters.

14 hours ago, MSwin98forever said:

API-MS-WIN-CRT-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL requires a newer version of windows

API-MS-WIN-CRT-Runtime-L1-1-1-0.dll should not be called as UCRTBASE.dll should be in your system and API-MS-WIN-CRT-Runtime-L1-1-1-0.dll should be redirected to UCRTBASE.dll via the registry. See page 18 here and download the TXT file and rename it a REG file and merge into registry. The UCRTBASE module; I have not investigated the later versions to see what has changed and I am using 10240. Schwups is using 14393 see page 19 here.

To export log from Dependency Walker, click the File tab and select Save As which has format options, or just copy and paste into text editor.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Hallo MSwin98forever, I don't know, if you are still interested. We really attempted to help you, but we can't look into your system.

On 10/31/2021 at 6:42 PM, zzzmod said:

Try copying firefox to a directory that does not contain cyrillic letters.

Did that make a difference?

"requires a newer version of windows", "This program run on windows 2000 or later", "associated with missing component KERNEL32.DLL:VerSetConditionMask", ... mean that the program isn't set to WinXPSP2 or in the case of Opera not set to Win 2000. Does the setting remain on WinXPSP2 or switches it back to default? And make sure that "Don't use these settings in child processes" isn't checked. Try to set XUL.dll to WinXPSP2. Also try to check override settings of individual modules.

FFProperties.png.10c1d4e3218cc2baaab41052bf359c51.pngKexReg.png.448381cb7e26ea9ea63358207d3975f3.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 9:47 PM, Welder said:

Someone managed to run Extreme Chrome 360 (86 ver). I am cant run , only show errors. How to fix it?

??? I'm not aware of a workaround, but jumper released Kex core update 25. Maybe there will be improvements soon.

I wasn't able to install the Kex core Update 25 successfully so far, but I initialised the new KexVista.dll on my Kex 24 system: There is only one new line in the core.ini necessary. Of course, the file must be in the KernelEx folder.

For testing set app Kexmode Vista or higher. The supported API's are listed in the Readme "KexVista 4.5.2016.25 notes.txt".

NTDLL.RtlVerifyVersionInfo=kexbases.2

[VISTA]
inherit=WIN2K3
contents=std,kexbasen,kexbases,kexvista
desc=Windows Vista

[VISTA.names]

First test with Firefox 57:  DependencyWalker shows that it works. So we are one step further. KexVista is the second hooked module!

"Started "FIREFOX.EXE" (process 0xFF83BFE5) at address 0x00400000 by thread 0xE0269071.  Successfully hooked module.
Loaded "KEXVISTA.DLL" at address 0x19600000 by thread 0xE0269071.  Successfully hooked module.
Loaded "KEXSTUBS.DLL" at address 0x19980000 by thread 0xE0269071.  Successfully hooked module.
Loaded "NTDLL.DLL" at address 0xBFE70000 by thread 0xE0269071.  Shared module not hooked."

Modules are loaded up to LGPLLIBS.DLL.

"Couldn't load XPCOM" at "Unloaded "NSS3.DLL" at address 0x00F00000 by thread 0xE0269071."

My old attempts are obsolete now and had only worked so far that they didn't harm older browser versions (to start). Older Versions call the CondtionnVariables when these are pesent:

InitializeConditionVariable=>KERNEL32.DLL:CreateThread ; or SetThreadExecutionState   sleep> FF runs in the background without UI

SleepConditionVariableCS=o3e       ;   FF53
SleepConditionVariableSRW=>KERNEL32.DLL:SetThreadExecutionState

;WakeAllConditionVariable=   ; ?????????????  Nothing works, older FF browser versions don't start, if enabled.  FF53
WakeConditionVariable=               ;FF53    

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, long time no see. How are you guys?

Just stopping by to see how the things are going here.

Been using 98 pretty much vanilla these days. Netscape 9.0.0.6 with new NSS from roytam1 works for some sites for me, but not "primetime usable", if ya know what I mean.

Looking forward to see how this project evolves these days.