Firefox 24 - 52 for ME and 98

3 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

The other thing is I have WTSAPI32 have you got WTSAPI32? My WTSAPI32 will not load though : - missing functions and disabled in KEX. Yours did not load either as shown in PE unless you had not included it.

WtsApi32 in the KernelEx folder is shown in PE under Firefox.exe here:

The file is set to "use default options"

WTSAPI32.png

Schwups : thanks for uploading the Process Explorer active module list, it says a lot. I will have to try more things that are more in common with your system. My WBEM files are set KEX disabled. Can we dismiss with the MEdll.dll file then and have you had an old FireFox or other Mozilla program running on this build that you have FF35 working?

On 4/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, Goodmaneuver said:

I m not going get it to work I tried the different files. I am not important, what is important is that you and other members have it running and you have posted about it. Can you do one favor for me is delete the MEdll.dll or rename it as It does not show as being used and tell me if FF35 still works or if you already know the answer then just say. The interesting module that loaded is PDH from XP, RtlStringFromGUID is not listed in Ktree9 is yours listed. It sort of backs up my comment in registering Dlls but for one thing, RtlFreeUnicodeString is listed in Ktree. The KernelEx known dlls does affect Ktree results, It is important to know what files you have as KernelEx known Dlls. No only the way it is displayed in KTree. It might work for those who have not used an earlier Mozilla, ones that do use XPcom.dll. You might confirm that this build that you have FF35 working has it had early FF running on it?

I'm not a programmer of KernelEX, but don't believe everything that the DependencyWalker and the ProzessExplorer show. These Programs cannot handle a KernelEX system properly. Yes, there is no MEDLL.DLL. The proof that the ntdll.dll of XP (MEDLL.DLL)  loads is that Firefox works. The file replacement has already worked for other programs.

Edited by schwups

Things can be co-incidental though and I do not understand how a different NTDLL of another OS renamed can have anything to do with things. Dependency Walker still tries to hook to KernelEx modules. Process Explorer should show the KernelEx files though there is an issue there unless you have not included them. If it is not showing then KernelEx is not initiated and has nothing to do with the running of FireFox.

Edit  Just saw your last post. >>Best to know everything I think. Framework is not running from PE results but need to show all.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Framework 2 is not used for sure. AVMC are you using a virtual machine, can you explain the AVM files I am not familiar with them. No it is OK Fritz Firewall. Process Explorer can not show 16 bit active modules but MSinfo can but the 16 bit files are the OS ones and have nothing to do with FireFox. MEdll is not loaded. I have the module relocation in memory highlight option enabled in options of PE.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Yes the full file list of PE shows it working. Jumper did say he had KG76 working. I had real trouble getting Java 1.7 working. I do not remember now but I think I deleted manually the registry settings. The reason I ask if you have FF installed previously as it could make a difference and I did not want to start a fresh install of WinME.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

9 hours ago, schwups said:

Used not ME files of Firefox (ProcessExplorer):

* IE6SP1 files
* MSVCR70 VS NET
* Cabinet.dll XPSP3 5.1.2600.5512
* DGBHelp.DLL XPSP3 5.1.2600.5512
* Imagehlp.dll 5.0.2195.6613
* MFC71.dll VS NET
* MSVCP100.dll VS2010
* MSVCR100.dll VS2010
* MSVCR70.dll VS NET
* MSVCR71.dll VS NET
* PDH.dll XP 5.1.2600.2180 of course not - PDH.dll in the KernelEX folder is used!

Okay, this explains a lot to why FF did not work for me. I don't have most of these files.

So, I have to include both the newer and older versions of MSVCR to launch firefox?

You should install vcredist-05-SP1_x86.exe and vcredist-08-SP1_x86.exe. You can get the MSVCR70/71 from another OS but the ATL files need to be ANSI, this is why installation is necessary. FireFox itself does not use the vcredist-05 modules but it is because Schwups has other programs running like Fritz firewall that these modules run in conjunction with FF. Also Shwups I think runs MSVCR70 as MSVCRT, this is not a good substitute though. Other files need to be compatible, use Dependency Walker to check them and DBGHELP and IMAGEHELP and IMGUTIL must be able to work in conjunction with each other. I have stated elsewhere what version numbers I am using of these files/modules, they must be compatible as a group and DW cannot test for this completely by just testing the individual files. KernelEx Apps settings DBGHELP = NT40   IMAGEHELP = NT40    (at this stage - works)

Edited by Goodmaneuver

I've had some success, was able to get FF 35 running.  the portable exe crashes but the exe in the App folder worked, occasionally.  I have FF 3.5 and 9 installed so I'm sure I have a profile conflict.  When FF35 was running I was able to get to MSFN and youtube but it froze so I was not able to scroll

On 4/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, farfigs11 said:

I've had some success, was able to get FF 35 running.  the portable exe crashes but the exe in the App folder worked, occasionally.  I have FF 3.5 and 9 installed so I'm sure I have a profile conflict.  When FF35 was running I was able to get to MSFN and youtube but it froze so I was not able to scroll

Can you explain your steps to run FF35, please. Is it the patched version? You tube doesn't freeze here - the player gives the usual message: Your browser does not currently recognise any of the video formats available.

Edited by schwups

:hello:

18 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

I had real trouble getting Java 1.7 working. I do not remember now but I think I deleted manually the registry settings. The reason I ask if you have FF installed previously as it could make a difference and I did not want to start a fresh install of WinME.

I have three FF versions installed on this machine, 3.5, 3.6, 8.01. Normally I don't use these versions anymore. Usually I run portable versions, with own profiles. Unfortunately Java installer failures occur very often and are hardly to solve. Yes, generally it is somewhat in the registry. Try a portable version and add a string value like this REGEDIT4[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\Run with Java 7\command]@ = "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre7\\bin\\javaw.exe\" a -jar \"%1\" %*". The path must match to the portable version. And take a look on JavaFixer. You also can start a new topic with your special problem.