RetroZilla Community Edition

Greek. I tried them but they dont work. All the russians urls has this problem. In my nt4 windows i don't face this problem. Same retrozzila settings same locale/language windows

Edited by shelby

Retrozilla displays the site forum.aviaskins.com fine here on my Windows 98 machine.

Maybe there are some language packs missing on your Windows 95 installation. Well, I don't know the path on Windows 95, but on Windows 98, you can go to the Control Panel -> Software -> Windows Setup. There is a list of optional packages that come on the original Windows CD. I have a category there for foreign language support. Maybe installing that helps?

20 minutes ago, Gansangriff said:

Retrozilla displays the site forum.aviaskins.com fine here on my Windows 98 machine.

Maybe there are some language packs missing on your Windows 95 installation. Well, I don't know the path on Windows 95, but on Windows 98, you can go to the Control Panel -> Software -> Windows Setup. There is a list of optional packages that come on the original Windows CD. I have a category there for foreign language support. Maybe installing that helps?

I have all the optional packages

Retrozilla can't connect securely to top-fwz1.mail.ru because the site uses a security protocol which isn't enabled. This is the error and it gives rarely 

Edited by shelby

• 3 months later...

umm.... so i was browsing the internet a while ago, and i saw Retrozilla's long neglected front page (https://rn10950.github.io/RetroZillaWeb/) and was like, what if there was something so people like me can do something about it. Then I realized that Github allows you to fork people's stuff to unofficially update them and here I am now. I was wondering if anyone has some html (and probably css) knowledge and could help. (https://github.com/bengal-empire/RetroZillaWeb)

On 1/28/2023 at 4:54 AM, shelby said:

Same problem on win98 Greek locale/language 

Also about that... can you (if possible) use a VM or something to replicate this error? Like, from a fresh install of 95 or 98, to Installing Retrozilla to getting the error. If you could give instructions to replicate this issue, that would go a long way. Don't know from where, (probably the Github Issues page) but I think I heard that Retrozilla had language translation bugs, that could be the reason for the incorrectly displayed site.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:20 AM, shelby said:

it gives me and this error
spacer.png

Also yeah, This is most likely a TLS/ site encryption issue, my best guess, probably has nothing to do with your text display problem, have you tried the TLS tweaks from the first page?

Also, why is it red and blue and looking glitched? Is that a problem with the screenshot or does it look like that on your machine?

Edited by BengalEmpire767

On 4/30/2023 at 7:45 AM, BengalEmpire767 said:

Also yeah, This is most likely a TLS/ site encryption issue, my best guess, probably has nothing to do with your text display problem, have you tried the TLS tweaks from the first page?

Also, why is it red and blue and looking glitched? Is that a problem with the screenshot or does it look like that on your machine?

I didn't tweak the TLS encryption and it is a problem with the screenshot