Windows 7 on HP Pavilion Gaming PC

Novek

whenever i try to install windows 7 on my gaming pc everything stops working ive tried the usb 2.0 and 3,0 port but they wont work and changing the bios settings doesn't work it worked on my laptop but not my computer

I need some specifications to answer properly, since "Pavilion" is very vague.

You need to find some USB 3.0 drivers, probably. You will need to slipstream them into your install media, or install W7 from an internal optical drive with a PS/2 keyboard ready. I do think that these consumer-grade OEM designs probably lack them, since even my OptiPlex 745 from 2006 lacks the ports.

Edited by win32

• 1 month later...

you still did NOT specify what kind of HP Pavilion computer you are using as there are MANY kinds of Pavilion PCs out there, Novek
heck, I'm using a very old HP Pavilion media center m8417c desktop computer which has only USB 2.0 ports and not USB 3.0 ports as that was made before the USB 3.0 standard came out

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, erpdude8 said:

you still did NOT specify what kind of HP Pavilion computer you are using as there are MANY kinds of Pavilion PCs out there, Novek
heck, I'm using a very old HP Pavilion media center m8417c desktop computer which has only USB 2.0 ports and not USB 3.0 ports as that was made before the USB 3.0 standard came out

im using a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC 790-0000i

it appears the HP 790-0000i desktop PC only has Win10 X64 supported driver downloads as Win7 is an unsupported OS for the 790-0000i.

I also suspect that desktop PC has UEFI and Win7 can only work with either CSM or "legacy" support (those options have to be access in UEFI/BIOS setup - read some of the manuals here, especially the "bios simulator" guide & user guide), before attempting to install & run Win7.  Win7 won't run on "pure" UEFI mode & needs either CSM or legacy boot

Edited by erpdude8

or OP can read the following topics in other forums:

from Reboot.pro forum - Install Windows 7 at UEFI Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) hardware

http://reboot.pro/topic/21108-install-windows-7-at-uefi-graphics-output-protocol-gop-hardware/

from MDL forum - UefiSeven: Easily boot Windows 7 on UEFI class 3 devices

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/uefiseven-easily-boot-windows-7-on-uefi-class-3-devices.82137/

note: Win7's default vga.sys driver only supports BIOS systems and hangs/freezes on pure UEFI (no CSM) systems; USB3 & 3rd party graphics drivers needed to be integrated onto Win7 usb install media if installing on PCs with modern UEFI chips