Windows 10 18363.752

CKyHC

It is strange that according to the update site, since version 18363.720, there have not been any changes to the 1909 release, just to the 1903 release.

" Improvements and fixes

Windows 10, version 1909

This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

This build includes all the improvements from Windows 10, version 1903.

No additional issues were documented for this release."

that from site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4522355/windows-10-update-kb4522355 

Edited by Wolfshadow

Just created an account to agree with others that Aero Glass stopped working for me as well after installing the latest cumulative update KB4549951 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4549951/windows-10-update-kb4549951)

Mine doesn't crash or show BSOD. Instead, after booting to the desktop, the screen flashes two or three times.

For now I've uninstalled it via control panel as well as deleted the folder from the C drive.

Hopefully the dev will release a new build to fix this problem.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:28 AM, Klamatiel said:

They share the same codebase. Please check and read next time.546456456456456.thumb.png.da65603cf3b70d4aa6ccc3b23ff371e4.png

I did, if you highlight the update file and look for the changes to each codebase.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Wolfshadow

this Windows update has been auto installed itself on my computer three times already.
I always uninstalled it afterwards. Before the third time, I left it on the computer for a couple of days, maybe I can get used to it.
I couldn't. :) Not just because Metro surface lacks the aesthetics of Win7 Aero, but it has practical disadvantages too: the application windows has no visible borders which can be grabbed for resizing or moving. It's like MS has forgot the meaning of the name of their operating system, and thinks everybody uses all windows in full screen every time...
So now I uninstalled the update for the third time and disabled the updates for as long as I could.
Is it stupid to postpone essential updates for the sake of looks? Probably it is. But right now this is how it is.

Yah... it'd be nice if Microsoft brought back full Aero.   I find the win10 operating system works well enough, but aestically it felt like it went backwards.  Without aeroglass it looks more like old school windows to me.  Very boxed corners and no transparency.  Like win98 or winMe kind of thing.  It's shame MS keeps messing with the code and breaking aeroglass.

If they stopped doing that, and figured out how to stop icons and windows from moving all over the place when you turn monitors on/off... it'd be a great OS :)

15 hours ago, Zod said:

Yah... it'd be nice if Microsoft brought back full Aero.   I find the win10 operating system works well enough, but aestically it felt like it went backwards.  Without aeroglass it looks more like old school windows to me.  Very boxed corners and no transparency.  Like win98 or winMe kind of thing.  It's shame MS keeps messing with the code and breaking aeroglass.

If they stopped doing that, and figured out how to stop icons and windows from moving all over the place when you turn monitors on/off... it'd be a great OS :)

That's actually fixable, read through this thread: https://www.ros-bot.com/guide/fix-automatic-resolution-change-monitor-power-offsleep

You basically have to change the virtual headless resolution in Windows to match your actual monitor resolution.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:47 PM, Mostly Harmless said:

this Windows update has been auto installed itself on my computer three times already.
I always uninstalled it afterwards. Before the third time, I left it on the computer for a couple of days, maybe I can get used to it.
I couldn't. :) Not just because Metro surface lacks the aesthetics of Win7 Aero, but it has practical disadvantages too: the application windows has no visible borders which can be grabbed for resizing or moving. It's like MS has forgot the meaning of the name of their operating system, and thinks everybody uses all windows in full screen every time...
So now I uninstalled the update for the third time and disabled the updates for as long as I could.
Is it stupid to postpone essential updates for the sake of looks? Probably it is. But right now this is how it is.

You can prevent update via this method:

Search gpedit > Administrative Tamplates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Configure Automatik Update > Enable > 2-Notify

2 hours ago, aramrahgozar said:

You can prevent update via this method:

Search gpedit > Administrative Tamplates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Configure Automatik Update > Enable > 2-Notify

Only applies Windows 10 Pro though

On 4/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, groomp said:

Only applies Windows 10 Pro though

Search the web. I forget where I found it, but I put gpedit on my wife's windows 10 home edition and it worked.

Edited by Wolfshadow

On 4/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, SkyySX said:

That's actually fixable, read through this thread: https://www.ros-bot.com/guide/fix-automatic-resolution-change-monitor-power-offsleep

You basically have to change the virtual headless resolution in Windows to match your actual monitor resolution.

I tried that once but didn't have the simulated entry in my registry.   I also run 2 screens at different resolutions.   Basically whenever I buy a new main monitor screen, I demote the old one to being my secondary screen.   I have one screen at 1440p and my secondary screen at 1080p.  I think that doesn't help.

12 hours ago, Wolfshadow said:

Search the web. I forget where I found it, but I put gpedit on my wife's windows 10 home edition and it worked.

You're right. They must have changed that a while back. Used to only apply to Windows 10 Pro.

16 hours ago, Zod said:

I tried that once but didn't have the simulated entry in my registry.   I also run 2 screens at different resolutions.   Basically whenever I buy a new main monitor screen, I demote the old one to being my secondary screen.   I have one screen at 1440p and my secondary screen at 1080p.  I think that doesn't help.

Hmm that's odd, you should still be able to set the virtual resolution to 1440p still. You could try a workaround but you need a second PC or your phone for that:

Install TeamViewer on your PC and then disconnect all screens etc. then connect to your PC via TeamViewer and try to set a new resolution.

8 hours ago, SkyySX said:

Hmm that's odd, you should still be able to set the virtual resolution to 1440p still. You could try a workaround but you need a second PC or your phone for that:

Install TeamViewer on your PC and then disconnect all screens etc. then connect to your PC via TeamViewer and try to set a new resolution.

I think the problem is the 2nd screen.  My main 1440p screen is connected via displayport.  The 2nd 1080p screen via HDMI.    If I run off the single 1440p screen there's no issue.   It's only when I run both, the icons jam up in the upper left corner of the 2nd screen and all the windows go weird on the primary screen.

I've spent so much time googling but no solutions.   I've read about the simulated_ registry key, but have never seen one.   I use a program called DesktopOK to save and restore my icon positions.    It's super annoying.   I have an AMD 5700XT right now, but this problem also existed under my old Nvidia card.

Lot's of googling shows this can be a pretty common problem :(

I wish I could figure out how manually make the simulated entry in the registry.