WordPress site user accounts

I am web technology fresh. I am fresh. I try to create a site that uses cms with WordPress. I would like to ask if you could build user accounts so as to allow users to login and register with the website. We would like an online store (https://genderneutralclothing.net/category/tomboy-clothing/) and to save and update orders for customers.

But it operates for just a few problems, I saw buddy news. Is there a better option?

Thanks beforehand, 

Edited by Gabrielhummus
URL changed

That site (if it is just an example or whatever) is using Woocommerce, so the first things you want to look at is what options they have:

https://barn2.co.uk/woocommerce-login-plugins/

Otherwise, you could relocate the entire shop section or the checkout pages into a dir and then use auth to restrict access to it, then the thought ends up... why are user accounts so important? Not only will you need to use a rock solid authentication system, you'll need to take the responsibility of that user data. In my opinion, if I could get away with providing the service without having to manage or store important user data, that would be the way I would go.

7 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

then the thought ends up... why are user accounts so important? Not only will you need to use a rock solid authentication system, you'll need to take the responsibility of that user data. In my opinion, if I could get away with providing the service without having to manage or store important user data, that would be the way I would go.

Well, if the idea is an e-commerce website where you sell goods to customers, I would guess that you need some ways to have them order and pay, and take note of their addresses in order to send them the goods.

jaclaz

Of course, the default model, and the one I am presuming that is current active on that site, is the guest checkout. As OP says "it operates" so I am presuming that the basic functionalities of e-commerce are currently possible.

I don't know. :dubbio:

I mean, guest or not guest the one that sends the goods must receive for each order:
1) some details of payment
2) name and address of the customer

In a perfect world ;) one would get the data via (say) e-mail, check that the payment has arrived, print the address data on a package label (and if needed on a receipt/invoice), send the packet and be done with it, deleting all the data as soon as the packet arrives to the customer (and the customer confirms it).

We could call it "stateless transaction".

In our world, this data is instead entered in a database, to be retrieved n times for n reasons (most of which pointless, such as having a nicely coloured dashboard providing vague statistics and allowing queries on the data, like, you know, selecting people in the 20-30 years range that bought pink unisex hoodies AND are from Minnesota AND already bought some underwear BUT NOT any shirt  ).

In a less than perfect world (but still better than this current one) this database would be completely detached from the website.

Right now, very likely :unsure: it is anyway on the same server, accessible remotely at least by the admin/whatever.

Having the user accounts complication seems to me - besides a complication - not that much different.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

I'm not sure about the site in question, since it uses random/stock photos. Is the product even present at the website owner's location? Are they filling the orders from the site or is the site just a virtual warehouse and the fulfillments are being handled by someone else?

EDIT: Link in first post changed to a different woocommerce site, in case this is a veiled attempt at a spam post. OP, do not change this URL back to what was there before!

Edited by Tripredacus