IE8 and Google Chrome certificate error

pridesnow

Sorry for offtop but can i know why google chrome and ie 8 gives me certificate error on most sites, even google? System without updates, just installed. Because of this problem I can’t play some games - osu! gives me a certificate error, and etterna cannot connect to servers at all.

34 minutes ago, pridesnow said:

System without updates, just installed.

Have it fully updated, first. Also upgrade IE8 to IE9.

Edited by IntMD

18 hours ago, IntMD said:

Have it fully updated, first. Also upgrade IE8 to IE9.

In addition, you also need to enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 support, which I did. After that, sites and games started to work fine, thanks!

7 hours ago, erpdude8 said:

MS support article 2399238 lists the Vista "prerequisite" updates to install before installing IE9:

It is a moot point since the OP has already enabled TLS 1.2 and this thread appears to be concluded, but the only prerequisite for the IE9 standalone installer is SP2.

• 2 months later...

Can you try this: https://web.archive.org/web/20140705033545/http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

I believe it should still work in 2020 but I haven't had the chance to test it myself yet. Basically it seems that Microsoft removed their download link for the root certificate update program.

Open the file as administrator and then close your browser and try again.