Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

7 minutes ago, djmagnifique said:

You could set it to one colour in the Windows settings if there is no other option.  Just untick 'Automatically pick an accent colour'.

Indeed, but I like the color changing to better match the background. Which worked fine and looked good on 8. It's a fair but worse on 10. It tends to generate various shades of crap-brown...

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I wanted to go ahead and give Windowblinds another try. And to my surprise Windowblinds has improved a lot!!!

This is a screenshot of my desktop:

spacer.png

Things that WB has improved:

• Now you can have the more beautiful blur from Vista/7 instead of the acrylic blur from W10
  • It doesn't feel glitchy anymore
  • You can now either exclude firefox/chrome or integrate to WB skin. Before it wasn't supported.

Things I like WB over Glass8:

• Full W10 support
  • Buttons glow just like in Vista/7
  • When maximized the transparency is disabled just like in Vista. I liked this feature so bad:

spacer.png

The only work around I had to do was to uninstall Startisback+ because is not compatible with WB. Instead installed Classic Shell which works really well with WB. I don't miss Startisback+ at all.

All being said, I think WB is now a good successor of Glass8 and I'll keep it. I'd even say that WB is better than Glass8 at this point. The only thing that Glass8 made better was live reflections on glass theme. WB has fixed reflections.

I have only one little issue and that is when I open a fresh explorer.exe window I get a black line under the path bar:

spacer.png

That black line goes away as soon as the window gets inactive or minimizes/maximized so not a big issue.

Well guys if you haven't give WB a try. It's all good now.

EDIT: I managed to fix the black line issue. It was a compatibility issue with OldNewExplorer. I disabled a couple of options on OldNewExplorer and it works perfect now! I think I'm more satisfied now with WB than I was with Glass8. I feel it is a more powerful solution given that you can not only add glass + blur to the borders but also you can have Windows themes in the same platform

Edited by tyranus7

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 4:22 AM, tyranus7 said:

Yesterday I wanted to go ahead and give Windowblinds another try. And to my surprise Windowblinds has improved a lot!!!

spacer.png

Things that WB has improved:

• Now you can have the more beautiful blur from Vista/7 instead of the acrylic blur from W10
  • It doesn't feel glitchy anymore
  • You can now either exclude firefox/chrome or integrate to WB skin. Before it wasn't supported.

Things I like WB over Glass8:

• Full W10 support
  • Buttons glow just like in Vista/7
  • When maximized the transparency is disabled just like in Vista. I liked this feature so bad:

spacer.png

The only work around I had to do was to uninstall Startisback+ because is not compatible with WB. Instead installed Classic Shell which works really well with WB. I don't miss Startisback+ at all.

All being said, I think WB is now a good successor of Glass8 and I'll keep it. I'd even say that WB is better than Glass8 at this point. The only thing that Glass8 made better was live reflections on glass theme. WB has fixed reflections.

I have only one little issue and that is when I open a fresh explorer.exe window I get a black line under the path bar:

spacer.png

That black line goes away as soon as the window gets inactive or minimizes/maximized so not a big issue.

Well guys if you haven't give WB a try. It's all good now.

EDIT: I managed to fix the black line issue. It was a compatibility issue with OldNewExplorer. I disabled a couple of options on OldNewExplorer and it works perfect now! I think I'm more satisfied now with WB than I was with Glass8. I feel it is a more powerful solution given that you can not only add glass + blur to the borders but also you can have Windows themes in the same platform

Please, can you make video where you step by step telling how to install WB on windows 10 and upload it to youtube? Many thanks to you!!!

On 9/1/2021 at 2:55 PM, Lesenok1995 said:

Transparancy in WindowBlinds does not work on windows 10 1909....Tried to go to settings theme of WB...There is a option there, but it doen't work too.....

Безымянный.jpg

I'm in the last build of Windows 10: Build 19043 and WindowBlinds works fine:

spacer.png

From what I see in your screenshot, the transparency is working fine in your system, but you are using W10 acrylic blur which is less transparent.  Go to settings and enable the option "Force non-acrylic blur on later Windows 10 versions". That option will enable the Vista/7 blur effect on borders.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:22 AM, tyranus7 said:

spacer.png

Great!

I regularly check out WindowBlinds as well. However, what has kept me from using it is that it still doesn't support other monitor resolutions than 100% in the Windows Display settings without the window buttons etc. getting blurry (I use 200% scaling on my 4K monitors):
nnlsEXY.jpg 

100% crop (pixel accurate):
WPj9HSV.png

Here's another crop of what sharp 200% scaling should actually look like instead:
BMdoZl5.png

Edited by David.P
concretization

5 hours ago, David.P said:

Great!

I regularly check out WindowBlinds as well. However, what has kept me from using it is that it still doesn't support other monitor resolutions than 100% in the Windows Display settings without the window buttons etc. getting blurry (I use 200% scaling on my 4K monitors):
nnlsEXY.jpg 

100% crop (pixel accurate):
WPj9HSV.png

Here's another crop of what sharp 200% scaling should actually look like instead:
BMdoZl5.png

That sucks. If I had to guess it would be that WB skin's buttons are mostly images. Probably you need custom button images, etc to match your desired upscaling resolution. But I have zero idea on how to make WB skins, though WB has a built-in tool to create skins. Maybe someone on WB forums has a work around, I've found several fixes there

14 hours ago, tyranus7 said:

That sucks. If I had to guess it would be that WB skin's buttons are mostly images. Probably you need custom button images, etc to match your desired upscaling resolution. But I have zero idea on how to make WB skins, though WB has a built-in tool to create skins. Maybe someone on WB forums has a work around, I've found several fixes there

Yep that's true. Up to now, the WindowBlinds guys have always created window decoration images with 100% dpi only and have not thought about the future with high-resolution monitors 💁‍♂️

On 9/7/2021 at 12:37 PM, David.P said:

Yep that's true. Up to now, the WindowBlinds guys have always created window decoration images with 100% dpi only and have not thought about the future with high-resolution monitors 💁‍♂️

Yesterday I bought WB and it came with the license to use Skinstudio 10. Skinstudio gives you the option to modify the skin and generate high dpi graphics:

spacer.png

I think that would solve your issue, but it does require some extra job.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, raiden89 said:

To answer all of these, it comes down to the theme you use in Curtains. I am using the "New Acrylic" theme from wincustomize. It is very basic, nothing fancy, no fancy buttons, etc so stock Window Caption buttons. It also has its own level of "blur" to be as close to Acrylic as it can. I also went and added the reflections image that was shared in this thread on top of that to have the reflective look to it.

Really, any theme can have blurred title bars if you know how to go into photoshop and manually create a gaussian blur to your liking. Here's an example of what my titlebar looks like. It's not entirely blurred but also not completely transparent either to where it's a distraction to have multiple windows open showing everything straight through.

If you're having trouble making the gaussian blur in photoshop then it might be how you're making it or something. I havent had any issues, just came down to getting the kinda blur I wanted.

image.thumb.png.db7016dd33682e21495ef567eec0698f.png

Would you be willing to share that style? I'm using a custom version of New Acrylic as well but that one looks better :D

On 9/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, Canary17x said:

Would you be willing to share that style? I'm using a custom version of New Acrylic as well but that one looks better :D

Sure. Luckily I still had it. I uninstalled Curtains a little while back because it kept making my Explorer crash. But the themes I had were still there. It's attached.

New Acrylic.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

19041 has gone EOL as of Tuesday so I would say its safe to assume, as I said before many times, Aero Glass is dead. Project is dead. We need to move on and find alternatives.

Edited by Tonny52

• 2 weeks later...

First and foremost, I hope that BM is ok.. I don't know what or if anything happened, but it seems like this project hasn't been updated in quite some time.
I wish that someone would take over the works of it if BM is no longer with us or working on this.
Not a fan of WindowsBlinds because it always wasted system resources, while BM's method of restoring the native implementation of transparencies was better.