Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

20 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Huh, already a year passed since this thread was created. Maybe there's still a tiny bit of chance for a surprise release of AG, the author did at least take s stab at it. One has to wonder what actually changes for the end user as far as changes to DWM are concerned.

Out of curiosity, anyone here likes centered window titles and whether that can be achieved with Stardock Curtains?

yes, you can center the title by editing the theme properties.
Marked with highligter says "Text Centered" you can activate it

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-27 170302.jpg

Edited by AlexL

On 3/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, DADi590 said:

Just a small note for people around. The navigation bar icons can be changed easily with OldNewExplorer. It can replace the icons with custom ones already inside the program. So all I had to do was replace those icons on the program and got the Windows 7 ones without using custom MSStyles (which were the only way I had to change this - until I got tired of random break downs and having to reinstall Windows because of problems in themes when some update was made). It's like this (not exactly as in Windows 7, but I prefer these buttons very much to the Windows 10 ones, since this way I can see them decently):

image.png.1eb2e0401d9ea033586449dac0140b35.png

Just in case anyone might wonder, I'm on LTSC 2019 edition (permanent build 1809). That's how I have the Windows 7 theme there on the picture (btw, thanks a lot here to XirbioW7 for improving the theme! It's better now!).

I'll include the DLL files with the modified icons in case anyone would like to have them. I just used ResourceHacker on them. The part which took more time was to convert the icons from Windows 7 to Windows 10, in which I had to use a specific program - Pixelformer -, which can save BMPs in 32 bit or something like that (I don't remember very well now, but took me some time to find some program to do it, since I didn't find any website).

OldNewExplorer modified DLLs.zip 91.64 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks!!! it works perfectly!! :cheerleader:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am interested in getting the Aero glass effect on Windows 10 as well. I have done some research and I was able to use Stardock WindowBlinds and Stardock Start10 along with the Aero7X theme (https://www.deviantart.com/newinfinitepro/art/Aero7X-Reset-for-Windowblinds-10-836337064) to get an almost exact Windows 7 look (with the exception of a few bugs that I have encountered with it). I have a few questions:

- I read that Stardock Curtains is less resource intensive than WindowBlinds, but does that still allow the transparent window title bars that aero glass uses?

- Is this currently the best solution to get aero glass on Windows 10? If so, are there any better themes that you guys use?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 10:24 AM, Quentin said:

For those of you who'd like the aero reflections here is the image to add to curtains

X.thumb.png.ac2a126117302361dcf7f2af99afeb9b.png

Is this blurred/transparent as well?

Edit: Looks like it isn't blurred. Having it fully transparent is very distracting with multiple windows open. I may work on it to see if I can add some blur to it.

Edit 2: Ok so I use the New Acrylic skin from wincustomize and so I took the Windows Top image and added this reflection on top of it then adjusted the opacity and now I have a nice reflection look that has blur.

Edited by raiden89

I have tried Stardock Curtains from time to time in the past, but so far always failed because HiDPI resolutions were not supported.

Does anyone know if this has changed in the meantime? My Windows DPI setting is at 200%.

On 4/29/2021 at 9:02 PM, raiden89 said:

Is this blurred/transparent as well?

Edit: Looks like it isn't blurred. Having it fully transparent is very distracting with multiple windows open. I may work on it to see if I can add some blur to it.

Edit 2: Ok so I use the New Acrylic skin from wincustomize and so I took the Windows Top image and added this reflection on top of it then adjusted the opacity and now I have a nice reflection look that has blur.

In fact it is added to the accent color so there's no void

Edited by Quentin

I'm not sure if aeroglass will be continued anymore. 1909 goes end of life in just 4 days, even with more modern cumulative updates for that version breaking aero glass. 2004 goes end of life in 7 months, so at this rate we may not get Aero Glass before 2004 goes end of life, meaning he would rather just skip the version if he comes back. I remember hearing about this project rising back in the Win8 days, sad to see it possibly stopping soon. I'm just assuming, he could come back and the project continues. Right now, we can call it an abandonded project.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:57 PM, aubai3 said:

Benutze auch Aero Lite, seht bei mir so aus.

I have Aero Light too,  with Aero Glass.

1464015814_AeroLite.thumb.jpg.fe5c707a9c1c1abb6ce4c9d9289735cc.jpg

coulkd you maybe give me the link to the theme? Would be nice, thx!

26 minutes ago, leveltrauma said:

Aerolight can be activated with Winaero Tweaker ( for example )

yeah, but what about the glass effect?

26 minutes ago, leveltrauma said:

Aerolight can be activated with Winaero Tweaker ( for example )

yeah, but what about the  glass effect?

On 5/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, Lizard said:

I'm sorry, I'm tired of waiting I don't like the stardock software ...

Then you might as well get over it and move on lol. This is abandonware and Curtains is the closest supported software to getting the effect that this abandonware was supposed to recreate.

Edited by raiden89