Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

On 3/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, Mostly Harmless said:

no.

It requires Stardock Curtains, that's all.

yep confirmed - switched already to curtains which is less overloaded as window blinds. Runs very well - transparency effects available and someone said it use the microsoft design engine not a third party one. It is not Glass8 but it's a welcome  fresh alternative. Well I hope the author of glass8 is well - I also bought a couple of keys in the past but hell DWM hooking vs. Microsoft is a lost fight and more earlier then later a programmer get depressed about it.

While I'm waiting for an actualization of glass8 for newer windows versions, I've decided to use "Stardock Curtains" and use a skin (recomended here) with a little edition made by myself.
All for having the beautiful Windows 7 appareance. :wub:

I hope BigMuscle is well.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-24 165800.jpg

Edited by AlexL

11 hours ago, AlexL said:

While I'm waiting for an actualization of glass8 for newer windows versions, I've decided to use "Stardock Curtains" and use a skin (recomended here) with a little edition made by myself.

share it please, this really looks good...

Just a small note for people around. The navigation bar icons can be changed easily with OldNewExplorer. It can replace the icons with custom ones already inside the program. So all I had to do was replace those icons on the program and got the Windows 7 ones without using custom MSStyles (which were the only way I had to change this - until I got tired of random break downs and having to reinstall Windows because of problems in themes when some update was made). It's like this (not exactly as in Windows 7, but I prefer these buttons very much to the Windows 10 ones, since this way I can see them decently):

image.png.1eb2e0401d9ea033586449dac0140b35.png

Just in case anyone might wonder, I'm on LTSC 2019 edition (permanent build 1809). That's how I have the Windows 7 theme there on the picture (btw, thanks a lot here to XirbioW7 for improving the theme! It's better now!).

I'll include the DLL files with the modified icons in case anyone would like to have them. I just used ResourceHacker on them. The part which took more time was to convert the icons from Windows 7 to Windows 10, in which I had to use a specific program - Pixelformer -, which can save BMPs in 32 bit or something like that (I don't remember very well now, but took me some time to find some program to do it, since I didn't find any website).

OldNewExplorer modified DLLs.zip

Edited by DADi590

13 hours ago, Mostly Harmless said:

share it please, this really looks good...

Only download Stardock Curtains
Go to search for "Midnite 7 by Maximus2020" curtains theme, open it and apply the style.
Change your wallpaper and that's all 

Hey DADi590, one thing I've always wanted to do, was to have the Command Bar at the top display the icons next to each option, like it appears in Windows Vista.  I never found a way to do it.  Do you know how I could edit the .DLL file to allow the icons?  Or if that's even possible? 

Vista.jpg

Edited by envisagedOne

On 3/26/2021 at 12:26 AM, envisagedOne said:

Hey DADi590, one thing I've always wanted to do, was to have the Command Bar at the top display the icons next to each option, like it appears in Windows Vista.  I never found a way to do it.  Do you know how I could edit the .DLL file to allow the icons?  Or if that's even possible? 

Vista.jpg

Hey! At least with OldNewExplorer you can't do it, that I know of. I just had the idea to make the change of the navigation icons (and anyways, not more than only those), because look at the program settings:

image.png.f064d9cbf65480e348cfa8e6ca070178.png

There's nothing there talking about icons other than the navigation bar ones --> "User alternate navigation buttons style". So since it changes them, it must have them stored somewhere (either in the DLLs or in the main EXE). Turns out they are in both DLLs. So I just went there and changed the icons. But OldNewExplorer only changes those. Not more, that I know of (if you load the EXE and the DLLs on ResourceHacker, you can look which images you can replace there - it's easy, in case you never did it, like I had never haha).

If the source code was available, one could try to put the program changing more than only those. But sadly I don't see it public...

Also made a quick search now and didn't find anything too. Nope, no idea how to enable that back. There are people who wanted, but I don't see solutions.

EDIT: I said up there that the alternate icons would have to be inside the program, but I don't think that's completely true. It would use alternate icons from Windows itself and just redirect the icons to those alternate ones. I guess it was luck that the alternate icons were in this case inside the program. Cool haha.

Edited by DADi590

Huh, already a year passed since this thread was created. Maybe there's still a tiny bit of chance for a surprise release of AG, the author did at least take s stab at it. One has to wonder what actually changes for the end user as far as changes to DWM are concerned.

Out of curiosity, anyone here likes centered window titles and whether that can be achieved with Stardock Curtains?