Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

20 hours ago, steelgtr said:

Subscribing and hoping my new Win 10 build can someday look like my Win 7 Aero Glass!

With this project's death being all but certain, you'll have to find a different way. Look at Stardock Curtains. Its the closest thing there is now.

4 hours ago, vicnacor said:

does it work with Win10 Version 20h2 Build 19042

pls i realy need it

No and probably never will. Windows updates come out faster than the single, closed-source developer can keep up. Hasnt been an update in quite a while.

12 hours ago, Lizard said:

yo, this is how M$ is killing all good Software ....

Not really though. This is a big part on Big Muscle. He was a sole developer that couldn't keep up and refused to open source the code and let the community help him. This project could still be alive and kicking had he thrown it on GitHub.

2 hours ago, raiden89 said:

Not really though. This is a big part on Big Muscle. He was a sole developer that couldn't keep up and refused to open source the code and let the community help him. This project could still be alive and kicking had he thrown it on GitHub.

The project remains his. All the reverse engineering he has done to viabilize it is solely his hard work. Were it obvious at all, there'd be clones galore of Aeroglass for Win 8/10 already, so it's not. Nobody has any right to try and browbeat him into open sourcing the code he devised by himself alone. Y'all ought to grow up and either go ahead and white-room reinvent it, or else stop whinning and move on. Throwing tantrums do not help, but annoy. Wake up to reality! 

14 hours ago, dencorso said:

The project remains his. All the reverse engineering he has done to viabilize it is solely his hard work. Were it obvious at all, there'd be clones galore of Aeroglass for Win 8/10 already, so it's not. Nobody has any right to try and browbeat him into open sourcing the code he devised by himself alone. Y'all ought to grow up and either go ahead and white-room reinvent it, or else stop whinning and move on. Throwing tantrums do not help, but annoy. Wake up to reality! 

LMAO I have moved on long ago. I'm not an id*** to refuse to update my OS so I can use visual software that's unsupported. I'm also not the first or the last person to think he should have open sourced it to help the community.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, dencorso said:

You're way overreacting. It'd have been a beautiful of gesture of making the project open source when he decided not to participate anymore. He didn't have to but he knew well that there were thousands of people that did enjoy using the software, who were eager to get the Aero effect back.

5 hours ago, steelgtr said:

Doesn't look like "glass" to me?

bob

don't matter, if there's an update, there is an update if not then not: this is what the homepage says:

Sign in to your donator account

Copyright © 2013-2021 Big Muscle

Hope dies last :)

Edited by Lizard

On 2/7/2021 at 5:47 AM, Lizard said:

don't matter, if there's an update, there is an update if not then not: this is what the homepage says:

Sign in to your donator account

Copyright © 2013-2021 Big Muscle

Hope dies last :)

That is probably auto-updated via a bit of javascript so I wouldn't read too much into it. From my point of view it had a good run and i got value for money for the small amount it cost. I have moved to Curtains now which in many ways is better. I have done the bare minimujm with it at present, messed around with a couple of different transparent title bar styles (one with a gradient and the attached one with an attempt at replicating the acrylic look as I described above) and made my explorer semi-transparent when not in focus but it offers far more in terms of personalisation.

Curtains Screenshot 2021-02-09 131515.jpg

Edited by Opener
Add screenshot

Hi everyone. So just for me to get the final answer to this. What's the latest version Aero Glass for Win8.1+ works on? Or it's outdated themes' fault and they just need to be updated and Aero Glass will work perfectly?

Just need to know what the problem is and if it's really Aero Glass outdated, then would be cool to know the latest version of Windows 10 it works on, so I can think about the LTSC edition I get next. Currently I'm on LTSC 2019 (Build 1809). Next LTSC might be this year, so if it's above the last one that this works on, I might think better about it and stay on 1809 (there's a problem on audio/video sync on 1809 that doesn't happen on 1607 (LTSB 2016), so that's what would make me think some time about it, and it's very irritating during a movie).

EDIT: I know it says it works only up to build 1909, but does it work above unofficially? The developer could have said that because that's what the app was made to work up to, but it might work on newer versions. So that's why I'm asking this.

Edited by DADi590