Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

22 minutes ago, tamarindojuice said:

Till the day MS finally changes the old "System32" explorer to a UWP ugly white big box with a weird layout and terrible 16 bits looking like icons aka "fluent design", so theming windows will be no more. Things are getting more and more "closed" regarding Windows 10, unfortunatelly. 

Windows always used to be the OS where you could do whatever you liked, theme the crap out of it and customize it to your liking. It's starting to become more like macOS where you can't do much and everything is the way Apple wants it to be.

Edited by Jig The Fig

Not trying to advertise or anything, but, there is a new windows blinds theme out which includes ALL the themes from windows 7 aswell as Vista. The startmenu looks pretty identical but start10 is required! The only thing that throws me off is the tray corners, only the arrow has the glassy look to it with the little white drop reflection. Also the jumplist of windows 7 (like the feature from Startisback++) isn't on there due to limitations, though i'm in a stardock server and they said thats on a list for a future update. Surprisingly aeroglass does work, but the shine doesn't move (if that makes sense, just it's transparent with blurred background). Also the min,max, and close buttons glow~

Anyways, here is the link:: 

Aero7: https://www.deviantart.com/newinfinitepro/art/Aero7X-Reset-for-Windowblinds-10-836337064

Vista: https://www.deviantart.com/newinfinitepro/art/AeroVistaX-Reset-for-WindowBlinds-10-844912103

Basic Theme Preview: https://www.deviantart.com/newinfinitepro/art/Aero7X-Reset-Sneak-Peak-Basic-Theme-849338619

I think BM is on the way... I think he have a fight with the code to give us a rock-solid AG for coming Win Versions and Builds.

BUT i think he should place a short message every zwo weeks!! 

A word of warning about the window blinds application (currently in the process of restoring my system to earlier image) 

If you are like me and don't like how Firefox ever since that horrid australis theme removed the ability to set tabs below the bookmarks toolbar. 

Do not even try to use the window blinds app. 

First issue was that the title bar of Firefox never changed at all, even though rest of my apps either did or did after restarting them. 

For whatever reason Firefox stopped recognizing the "toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets" in about:config. 

And as it happened right after the window blinds was activated and Firefox restarted, there is no other possibility for that issue than the window blinds. 

Firefox didn't update as the big update 80 has been in my system since the release of if and the current 80.0.1 was just minor bug fix and it has been in my system at least for the past weekend. 

Let's just hope that the image is solid and the restoration goes well, so I don't need to start messing with Firefox settings for the next several days. 

well off course that image failed, but luckily i found out the issue instead.

it was indeed windowblinds that messed everything up, as apparently it tried to do something to firefox appearance through usercrome.css and in the process nuked everything that i had done there.

instead of huge list of code made by Aris in the CustomCSSforFx css pack, there was few lines of code that pointed to windowblinds.

luckily windows file backup was able to restore the whole chrome folder back, so it is now fixed.

needless to say that this way of completely nuking user made files with your own, is completely idiotic way of doing things. and i did leave comment about it on stardocks own forum too. but as here is most likely others like me who has modified their firefox browser appearance through userchrome.css, this is still something that is good to know if you are thinking of running that windowblinds windows 7 theme until glass8 gets updated.

Edited by atomi
solution for my issue

As much as I despise the look and feel (and performance downgrade) of every version of Windows 10, I found the Windows Blinds thing just didn't cut it for me. In fact, find all of Stardock's stuff is bloatware that isn't done well. Even Start10 is junk compared to StartIsBack, not to mention it is also overpriced. But, anyhoo, Window Blinds... I almost bought this piece of garbage a couple of weeks ago since it's not clear how much longer it will be until we have AeroGlass for Windoze OS X 2004, and OMG... so glad I did the trial first. It sucks. Removed it within a few hours after tinkering with it and hating it more the more I used it. And, then I tried Stardock Curtains and found it was equally a bloated and buggy piece of crap that make Windows 10 uglier-looking instead of better. There's just no substitute for AeroGlass and StartIsBack as far as I am concerned.

2 hours ago, BJFox said:

As much as I despise the look and feel (and performance downgrade) of every version of Windows 10, I found the Windows Blinds thing just didn't cut it for me. In fact, find all of Stardock's stuff is bloatware that isn't done well. Even Start10 is junk compared to StartIsBack, not to mention it is also overpriced. But, anyhoo, Window Blinds... I almost bought this piece of garbage a couple of weeks ago since it's not clear how much longer it will be until we have AeroGlass for Windoze OS X 2004, and OMG... so glad I did the trial first. It sucks. Removed it within a few hours after tinkering with it and hating it more the more I used it. And, then I tried Stardock Curtains and found it was equally a bloated and buggy piece of crap that make Windows 10 uglier-looking instead of better. There's just no substitute for AeroGlass and StartIsBack as far as I am concerned.

I'm curious what exactly were your issues with WindowBlinds and Curtains?

I decided to uninstall aeroglass today.   I'm guessing something made it harder to update this time around (and/or BigMuscle is tackling covid related problems).    At this point by the time we get an update the next version will come out and break it again :(

I did try Windowsblinds, but it's still just as bad as when I tried it a number of years ago.   For now I'm going to go without areo :(

I'll come back to Aeroglass when it's a bit more current.  At this point I felt like I'd gone on long enough without letting Windows install updates :(

On 9/3/2020 at 11:04 PM, Lizard said:

I got 2002 installed, but still got the option to uninstall it ...

20H2 some how took me a few seconds to download and about two minutes to install and restart. Apparently it was an "Enablement Package" or something, I don't know if Aero Glass would break on it if BigMuscle releases a version for 20H1. 20H2 is only 1 build number ahead of 20H1 so hopefully it wouldn't break anything.

Edited by Jig The Fig