Browsers running on ReactOS

dapgo

I am asking here, as there is not an specific forum fro ReactOS and it is claims compatibility with windows2000.

Currently I have a palemoon fork Mypal 27.9.4  and a Kmeleon working fine.

Seeing the mount of versions of forks of FF, Palemoon and Basilisk depending compiled/configured for different technologies, such as processor instructions...,

I would like to have some guidance before to start trying blindly all of the versions delivered in next thread.

Firefox-deriven browsers based on 49 and above won't run in ReactOS due to a regression (JIRA issue: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-12828). Best bet would be to use NM27 and other browsers by roytam based on the specific version of Goanna engine that NM27 uses, since the Goanna engine used is derived from ESR 38 and roytam still updates them, which is nice.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, IntMD said:

Firefox-deriven browsers based on 49 and above won't run in ReactOS due to a regression (JIRA issue: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-12828). Best bet would be to use NM27 and other browsers by roytam based on the specific version of Goanna engine that NM27 uses, since the Goanna engine used is derived from ESR 38 and roytam still updates them, which is nice.

Helpful info @IntMD ,

After testing the Roytam's build  firefox-45.9.21-20200229-ia32 , I can confirm that it runs well in ReactOS.

Having a browser compatible and  based  FF> v 8 allows to use some XUL extensions that require Australis interface and therefore are not compatible with Palemoon.