Branding for RoyTam1's Pale Moon 28 (poll closed)

Mcinwwl

Poll with topic remade here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/181322-branding-for-roytam1s-pale-moon-28-fork-aka-new-moon/

Simply pick a favourite name. They are presented in NAME (AUTHOR) format. Poll results are fully public.

From this point, No new suggestions are about to be added. time is gone

If there's anything wrong in the poll, please post in https://msfn.org/board/topic/180861-on-branding-roytam1s-browsersIf you need to further discuss a result, please post in

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180861-on-branding-roytam1s-browsersAny voter can post ONE message in here regarding his choice and express his/her opinion. Please keep it this way and move verbose discussion to 
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180861-on-branding-roytam1s-browsersThere will be more polls to come to vote for other names for RoyTam1's builds.

Edited by Tripredacus
added note with link to new topic, renamed title, removed poll

Would like voting options for "RT-Moon" and "XMoon".
The other names are all unique, were not intended to get any prefixes, that just wouldn't fit. The prefixes were meant to be followed by the original core names, like "-Fox" or "-Moon", at any rate their heritage clearly recognizable.
So the other names are standing for themselves, but "Moon" alone makes no sense, it only works "with" a prefix.

15 hours ago, siria said:

Would like voting options for "RT-Moon" and "XMoon".
The other names are all unique, were not intended to get any prefixes, that just wouldn't fit. The prefixes were meant to be followed by the original core names, like "-Fox" or "-Moon", at any rate their heritage clearly recognizable.
So the other names are standing for themselves, but "Moon" alone makes no sense, it only works "with" a prefix.

In general, it looks like some proposals were lost in the process and I do not know how. Will fix.

8 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Is there any particular reason why the current name "New Moon" is not a poll option and (apparently) cannot be used?

This is subjective, depending on which side of the "great debate" you come down on. Those who are advocating for (or going along with those who wish to) changing the name have created the poll(s), and as such have purposely omitted the option to leave things as-is.

I would choose that option, to keep it named as is, rather than what I ended up choosing.

Note: poll is set to public, should have been set to private results. Also, poll should be set to allow for users to change votes, as it is often the case a person may change their mind after reading some discussion.

As said, I will restart the poll for NM, as board script fought me in a few cases.

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

I would choose that option, to keep it named as is, rather than what I ended up choosing.

Well, third voice for the same, so I'll add it.

Note: poll is set to public, should have been set to private results.

I did in on purpose. First, we discuss it freely and more or less know each other's choices, so no reason to make one part non-transparent.

Second, this is not any sensitive topic (like politics) or anything that can harm you later (voting to dismiss your boss) so no great harm can come from that.

Third, this way we easily avoid multi-account-voters. Just my bad memories from other boards.

Also, poll should be set to allow for users to change votes, as it is often the case a person may change their mind after reading some discussion.

I wanted to get this done, but I simply do not see this in the boards option. It might be my browser settings, it might be that you, as supervisor, have greater privileges, so if you can change it yourself, please do :)

@Mcinwwl: still technical probs it seems ;-)
Just a thought:
the header says "Pick a name", but the poll allows multiple checks.
Something like "pick all names you like" would avoid possible misunderstandings.