hdd vibration and temps

I need to ask because I have almost zero experience here. Just got 4 6tb HGST 7200 rpm drives refurbished from goharddrive. I'm currently testing them out to make sure they are good to go. each drive has roughly 300 hours on it so very little up time. Now for just about everything i've done before I've dealt with ssd's and smaller hdds. never a 6tb 3.5 hdd. I am using a dual hdd dock to run these currently from my laptop because I don't have any sata ports free in my desktop so I understand that they are not "mounted" and they are not being cooled by a fan. However I am just gauging them against themselves. I have 2 drives that almost make no sound or vibration. temps around 110 degrees after 2 64GB full benchmark test using crystal disk mark. The other 2 drives have a vibration. enough that I had to take a business card and wedge it along the drive in my dock because it was too annoying. being secured I can feel my desk vibrate but it didn't seem awful. temps on these doing the same benchmarks were around 127 degrees. Fahrenheit by the way. all 4 drives read and write above 200 and the other benchmarks match up as well. Is there any reason for concern here? should I try to RMA two drives?  

Well I decided to take some drives out of my desktop and toss one of the vibrating drives in a caddy and install it. vibration is not bearable. Also was able to use some real drive checking utilities because I was now hooked up with a sata cable vs usb and it failed the test pretty fast and kicked some errors out. I'm running the second drive now. 

IMHO:

110 F -> 43 C is already "warm" (but still fine)

127 F -> 53 C is definitely "hot" and the vibration is NOT ok.

Depending on the specific model/make, and depending on your (temporary) setup those (higher) temperatures might still be fine, but normally a hard disk does not vibrate at all (or in a way that you can appreciate without touching it) unless maybe during spinup/spindown, in some cases when the drive is at speed you need to hold it in your hand and try turning it to feel the gyroscopic effect to understand if it is spinning or not. 

jaclaz

I do my best not to move a spinning drive in any way. Thank you for confirming about the vibration. Searching the net just brings up people using rubber isolators and rubber bands to stop it like it's the norm. I obviously didn't feel the same way and why I made the thread. I'm doing extended test on the drives I think are good now and will def. be getting a rma for the 2 that vibrate.