Chromium V 54 not displaying Youtube properly

Delrvich

Running Win XP Home Edition 2002 SP3 on a decrepit unstable HP Media Center M7350n PC and trying to use Chromium Version 54.20.6530.0 doesn't display Youtube properly. 
New to Chromium and I read about disabling spoofing. I've not been able to find anything online so I posted here. Can someone give me tips?
Thank you

Chromium 54.PNG

Chromium 54 2.PNG

Edited by Delrvich
Added screenshot

Strange, YouTube is working fine here with Chrome 49!
I haven't done any user agent spoofing.
It's sending the default -

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.112 Safari/537.36

I'm getting a warning about the browser being unsupported soon, but apart from that everything seems to be fine.
:dubbio:

I recommend you to try different user agents. Same happened with me on Chrome 49, however, spoofing the Firefox 52 user agent made it work. You need to install a user agent switcher extension to do this (at least for keeping it).

10 hours ago, Delrvich said:

...trying to use Chromium Version 54.20.6530.0 doesn't display Youtube properly. New to Chromium and I read about disabling spoofing.

Welcome to MSFN Delrvich. Your Advanced Chrome browser is probably being served YouTube's newest Polymer v2 layout because it presents itself as Chrome 54.20.6530.0, but cannot properly display Polymer v2 because Advanced Chrome is really not Chrome 54 (see VistaLover's October 16, 2018 post). If you are determined to use that particular browser for YouTube, then spoofing a browser that is served Polymer v1 will probably be necessary. (It's a little late to target the classic pre-Polymer layout, which will be discontinued soon.)

In the long run, it might be better to use a browser such as Yandex 17.4.1 (based on Chromium 57) that can actually display Polymer v2 (no spoofing required), as VistaLover pointed out in a February 6 post in a related thread. (VistaLover actually prefers a portable Yandex 17.6.0 based on Chromium 58, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried that version on XP, whereas 17.4.1 officially supports XP. My screenshot features 17.4.1 - no warning about the browser being unsupported soon.)

506565498_Yandex17Polymerv2.thumb.JPG.49018142c93542871c33812c781a043b.JPG