Where does WUD download from..?

Where does WUD download from..? Is it a Microsoft site, or somewhere else..? More to the point...since there's no indication of the source, how do we know the updates haven't been tampered with..? I checked the IP and it's 2604:6000:1012:c635:8c88:1d4d:a725:f752 which I haven't been able to find any registration info for.

Edited by spinjector

That IPv6 seems to be reserved, or part of the route and not the destination. You could disable IPv6 and then perhaps have a better understanding of where the program goes... or you can look at the UL you are using and see the links to the updates are right in there.

Thanks. I'll disable IPV6 as soon as I there's a lull my work today. I generally turn it off anyways, but I'm on wifi atm and I didn't realize it was still enabled on this adapter. But...it's moot now anyways. I just started using NTLite again after not using it for something like 10 years, and wow it's turned into something pretty impressive. I was focusing on the beginning steps of building an image, and not realizing it had the built-in ability to download the updates itself. I just bought a personal license, and I've already downloaded the updates.

Edited by spinjector

Ahh thanks. Would have been awesome if there was some facility to see the download address/activity or view/verify the MD5 on the files or something like that. But with the age of Winfdows 7 it's moot now anyways. With the end of support, I'm trying to build one last image with everything in it, mostly to use in vBox. But as anyone with the chutzpah to be using NTLite already knows, the size of a complete Windows 7 installation is huge compared to previous versions such as XP. I'm pretty rusty, but I'm assuming NTL can trim that down a lot with the slipstreams. Still working on it.