Control Panel Wizard - Theming Question

Channel 2012

I'm not sure what the technical name for this aspect of the interface is, (that's probably why it's kind of difficult to research) but I have noticed that a lot of custom themes tend to overlook it, especially dark themes:

wizard-theming-example.thumb.PNG.9b83a4ccfba0000c2f7dc23c2ab5a395.PNG

In this example from Windows 8.1, I've applied what is otherwise a very thoroughly designed darker theme, (AeroByDesign) but the text seen in the "add driver" wizard (and other such interface elements) is black with no highlighting. Is there a way to either change the color of this text, or to re-introduce the highlighting, as seen on Windows 7?

Windows 7 example:

wizard-theming-example-windows-7.PNG.79a0f1be30a942d620fdd2c45fb8c423.PNG

It's possible to modify it with msstyleEditor. Open the theme's .msstyles file, then navigate to AeroWizard->TITLEBAR. On the right pane, make sure TEXTGLOWSIZE is set to 12 and GLOWINTENSITY is set to 250 - this restores the Windows 7 glow effect.

You can also change the text color (TEXTCOLOR), it can be different depending on whether the window is active or not.

It's possible to change the font as well (under AeroWizardStyle), but I'm not sure whether msstyleEditor can do it. I'm looking at the options in the older version of it, which only allows setting predefined values.

With Windows Style Builder, you get the full dialog allowing for font selection, size etc.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:43 PM, UCyborg said:

It's possible to modify it with msstyleEditor. Open the theme's .msstyles file, then navigate to AeroWizard->TITLEBAR. On the right pane, make sure TEXTGLOWSIZE is set to 12 and GLOWINTENSITY is set to 250 - this restores the Windows 7 glow effect.

You can also change the text color (TEXTCOLOR), it can be different depending on whether the window is active or not.

It's possible to change the font as well (under AeroWizardStyle), but I'm not sure whether msstyleEditor can do it. I'm looking at the options in the older version of it, which only allows setting predefined values.

With Windows Style Builder, you get the full dialog allowing for font selection, size etc.

That's the one! Thanks.