I just updated on Windows Update (Windows 10 1909 18363.657)

charge01

I had a similar issue.  Symbols downloaded with no problems on my PC, but my laptop they stalled out in the dosbox (got stuck on the 2nd command line).  I got around it by deleting the symbols folder and rebooting.   It re-attemped the download the next time and worked no problem.

15 hours ago, Commander238 said:

Finally I got three debug symbol files, which I uploaded for others. You should unpack them into your AeroGlass directory. At your own risk.

Worked perfect - thanks!

I posted earlier multiple times erroneously. The posts were NOT spam. As this topic shows, the subject of my post is contemporary.

The issue remains.

After the Win10Pro update, titlebars became completely transparent. I updated to the most recent version of AeroGlass to no effect, as I stated in the other topic.

I get the "Incompatibility" error every time I boot. Was I supposed to remove the previous version first?(rhetorical question).

On 2/16/2020 at 9:19 PM, jimj said:

I posted earlier multiple times erroneously. The posts were NOT spam. As this topic shows, the subject of my post is contemporary.

The issue remains.

After the Win10Pro update, titlebars became completely transparent. I updated to the most recent version of AeroGlass to no effect, as I stated in the other topic.

I get the "Incompatibility" error every time I boot. Was I supposed to remove the previous version first?(rhetorical question).

It's not working. I did that and the problem is exist.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:55 AM, SkyySX said:

No, you just need to have the correct Symbols in place.

So where I can download symbols and where I must put? I read many post and get nothing.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:09 PM, Commander238 said:

Hi. On my work computer, the symbols have downloaded automatically, a short while after the message appeared.

But on my gaming computer, the symbols did not download and I was stuck with buggy transparent titlebars.

Then I followed BigMuscle's advice in the guide https://glass8.eu/guide#symbols - I did read a part of Microsoft's article, installed some Debugging Tools, discovered how to run the Symchk utility... etc.

Thanks Man! My problem was solved.

For anu body that have my problem:

1.Download files from link.

2.extracr file and put folder in the AeroGlass directory. (C:\AeroGlass)

3.Restart system.

This is my Dektop after that:

FIj704F.jpg

On 2/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, Cris_ said:

Or copy sym_load.cmd to the AeroGlass folder, delete symbols folder the .cmd to download newest symbols from MS. Reboot.

sym_load.cmd 473 B · 11 downloads

Requirement: Debugging Tools only from the Windows 10 SDK Kit https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk/

Hi,
I recommend using this script, it works well :)

But you will also need a couple of files from the Microsoft debugging tools.
Here are the instructions how to get them:

1.  Download the debugging tools standalone installer from the official Microsoft website
https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/2/2/42245968-6A79-4DA7-A5FB-08C0AD0AE661/windowssdk/Installers/X64 Debuggers And Tools-x64_en-us.msi
(This is the same installer, that comes as the part of the Windows 10 SDK and it installs the Windows 10 debugging tools only.)

2.  Install the debugging tools. The installation shows a progress dialog and finishes in a moment.

3.  Open the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64"

4.  There are many files, but you will only need the following four:
symchk.exe
SymbolCheck.dll
symsrv.dll
dbghelp.dll

5.  Copy them next to the sym_load.cmd script. Run it.

3 hours ago, Commander238 said:

Hi,
I recommend using this script, it works well :)

But you will also need a couple of files from the Microsoft debugging tools.
Here are the instructions how to get them:

1.  Download the debugging tools standalone installer from the official Microsoft website
https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/2/2/42245968-6A79-4DA7-A5FB-08C0AD0AE661/windowssdk/Installers/X64 Debuggers And Tools-x64_en-us.msi
(This is the same installer, that comes as the part of the Windows 10 SDK and it installs the Windows 10 debugging tools only.)

2.  Install the debugging tools. The installation shows a progress dialog and finishes in a moment.

3.  Open the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64"

4.  There are many files, but you will only need the following four:
symchk.exe
SymbolCheck.dll
symsrv.dll
dbghelp.dll

5.  Copy them next to the sym_load.cmd script. Run it.

This is the easy way. I did that and worked

Having the same issue. I tried the method above, and I can't get the script to run. I had to manually download the debugger tools using the previous method, since the direct installer didn't install any v10 files. Once I got the right support files installed, I can run the script, but I get the following error...

Any ideas?

Edit: I doubt it matters, but I'm a donator, and the key file is in the installation directory. Also, I have un/re-installed AeroGlass, with no improvement.

cap002.jpg

Edited by Elmojo