Install Vista on new Windows 10 computer?

SandwichesANDMilk

I am a huge fan of vista so i want to install it on my new windows 10 computer. when i try to install it i get a bios error due to it being a brand new computer. ive tried installing it on an older computer and putting the HHD into my new one.
Anyone know how i can get around this? i also need help finding the right drivers to work with vista

Edited by SandwichesANDMilk

On 2/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, SandwichesANDMilk said:

I am a huge fan of vista so i want to install it on my new windows 10 computer. when i try to install it i get a bios error due to it being a brand new computer. ive tried installing it on an older computer and putting the HHD into my new one.
Anyone know how i can get around this? i also need help finding the right drivers to work with vista

whats the error youre receiving? you have to set it to uefi + csm mode in uefi , only windows 8 and above is compatible with native uefi boot mode. Windows vista and 7 work in legacy or uefi+csm mode. also please let us know your pc specs so we can decide if drivers are even available for vista

Edited by burd

5 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Welcome to MSFN SandwichesANDMilk. I suspect that your hardware is incompatible with Vista, particularly if you have an Intel processor (see Compatible hardware with Windows Vista).

Thanks and i think the CPU is the issue, i have an intel I5-9600K so that's probably the problem

3 hours ago, burd said:

whats the error youre receiving? you have to set it to uefi + csm mode in uefi , only windows 8 and above is compatible with native uefi boot mode. Windows vista and 7 work in legacy or uefi+csm mode. also please let us know your pc specs so we can decide if drivers are even available for vista

the error says the bios is not ACPI compliant and i have tries in legacy mode and same error happens

Im probably gonna just not install vista, thanks anyway

39 minutes ago, SandwichesANDMilk said:

Thanks and i think the CPU is the issue, i have an intel I5-9600K so that's probably the problem

the error says the bios is not ACPI compliant and i have tries in legacy mode and same error happens

Im probably gonna just not install vista, thanks anyway

ok , but im pretty sure its possible to install vista on almost any system , maybe your pc is just not fully acpi compliant or maybe wrong architecture(32bit) and/or mbr/gpt :(

Edited by burd

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, burd said:

ok , but im pretty sure its possible to install vista on almost any system , maybe your pc is just not fully acpi compliant or maybe wrong architecture(32bit) and/or mbr/gpt :(

the problem is that the OP did not mention the computer or motherboard that uses the Intel I5-9600K cpu.

some modern PCs & motherboards are UEFI class 3 only (no CSM, no legacy boot/bios option) and can't run Vista/Win7 at all and only Win8.x & above

UEFI + CSM mode is only available on older machines with UEFI class 2, which may be possible to install & run Vista on only those types of machines.

again, since OP did not tell us what kind of computer he uses, it may not be possible at all to use Vista on there if his machine has class 3 uefi

Native UEFI + GPT is possible with Vista SP1 and above:

But it wouldn't surprise me if the newest implementations didn't work well with the Vista EFI bootloader. His posts do indicate that legacy boot (CSM) is available on his machine though.

3 hours ago, erpdude8 said:

the problem is that the OP did not mention the computer or motherboard that uses the Intel I5-9600K cpu.

some modern PCs & motherboards are UEFI class 3 only (no CSM, no legacy boot/bios option) and can't run Vista/Win7 at all and only Win8.x & above

UEFI + CSM mode is only available on older machines with UEFI class 2, which may be possible to install & run Vista on only those types of machines.

again, since OP did not tell us what kind of computer he uses, it may not be possible at all to use Vista on there if his machine has class 3 uefi

true

• 1 month later...