NT 4 drivers for HP Compaq nx 6110?

NojusK

Hello everyone,

I've been wanting to do this experiment a long time ago, so I would like to install Windows NT 4.0 Workstation on this laptop, but from my research there are no official drivers available for it, maybe there are some unofficial ones? :)

You may be in for a nice surprise, with regards to at least the ethernet (if Broadcom) and audio drivers.

I think the Windows 2000 package for the ethernet could also work on Windows NT 4. It seems to be similar to the NIC in my HP Z600, which is officially supported by HP for XP and above, but installs fine in Windows 2000 (Broadcom's readme references NT4 and 98 as well).

You also have (pre-HDA) SoundMAX onboard audio. The win2k/XP driver on HP's site would probably not work in NT, but my ThinkPad T41 of a similar vintage has NT4 drivers for what appears to be identical hardware. Download the MIDI and regular sound driver.

https://thinkpads.com/support/Thinkpad-Drivers/download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/ddfm/T43.html

But I can't find an Intel 915GM graphics driver for NT, so you'll have to use VBEMP NT. Shouldn't be much of a hardship due to a lack of 3D accelerated games and software.

The Inside Out Networks USB 1.x driver should also work. Beware, USB transfers had a tendency to freeze on my ThinkPad T41 and almost brought down the OS.