Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

FranceBB

Windows 7 Spotter (the club)

Windows 7 has been one of the best Microsoft OS; now the support is over, but that didn't stop businesses from keep using it. As a matter of fact, Windows 7 has been the de facto replacement for many Embedded systems who were deployed across the world in a period when Windows XP Embedded was slowly starting to get to the EoS path.

This topic is dedicated to the Spotters, namely people who see Windows 7 or its derivatives (Win 7 Embedded) running in the wild and take a picture. 

We started one for XP as well when support was over: 

Alright, let's crack on, shall we?

The first picture is from a Win 7 system running advertising.

The second picture was taken today by me in Milan, Italy and shows Windows 7 in idle on the login screen:

KWumXrQ.jpg

lq2Jxpm.jpg

Win 7 is sooo commonplace, that I predict no fun at all in this place.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FranceBB said:

We started one for XP as well when support was over: 

To be picky (as I am, BTW) no, that (nice) thread was started no less than three years after EOS, not three days, this may be a relevant difference.

2 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

Win 7 is sooo commonplace, that I predict no fun at all in this place.

Yep, that's why waiting a few years might be needed to have more meaningful entries, still the photo taken about the scaremongering since the 14th Jan is nice, particularly because it is the same day a (really serious) insecurity in Windows 10 was made public. 

jaclaz

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 12:36 PM, jaclaz said:

To be picky (as I am, BTW) no, that (nice) thread was started no less than three years after EOS, not three days, this may be a relevant difference.

That's true, but we like you the way you are. :)

Edited by FranceBB

1 hour ago, KawaiiBunnyRU said:

I saw lots & LOTS of windows 7 pcs in my school

@FranceBB

You see? 

@KawaiiBunnyRU

It is about "photographic proof", not "testimonials", see the original thread:

This said, I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Diskless thin clients running custom OSes. I watched terminals failing to connect to mainframes with blinking cursors. All those moments ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_in_rain_monologue

jaclaz

• Like 5