Win95 Dial-Up Issues after Network card install

MrRuskie

Hi Mr.Ruskie.

If this is a serious request please start a new thread with more specifics and an appropriate title.

For dial up you need a modem, not a network card. Provide more information exactly what you've tried and where you're stuck.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not know much about Win95 but if it is similar to WinME then the default connection has probably switched to the network card. Run home networking wizard to what you require again. Home networking shortcut for WinME points to NetConn.exe but Win95 may be different like MsnSetup.exe. Make sure your modem is still installed in Device Manager and Dial-Up Networking. If there is too many devices installed in networking than this can create a problem so remove some old unused network cards using Network control panel. The device itself along with its corresponding TCP/IP has to be removed. Having too many devices stopped the network login. I personally think that your topic title has nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Hi Goodmaneuver. The original post from Mr.Ruskie hijacked another thread. Either Mr.Ruskie or forum admin created this appropriately titled thread without leaving a note. Never would have thought my response above would have earned two hearts, others must have agreed.