Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Joaquim

windows 98 on VMware: how can i change the CPU and the VRAM?

using the VMWare, how can i change the CPU frequency and the Video Memory?

i changed the VRAM, on VMware Options, to 256MB's... but, on Windows 98 only detects 16MB's...
using the VMware Tools or other graphic drivers... why isn't detected 256MB's?

When running 9x in Vmware or Virtualbox you don't have a GPU just a video card as such you don't need much RAM. Even 16mb is overkill unless you are using an extremly high resolution at 32bit color.

yes i'm  using resolution at 32bit color.

so why the DOOM 2\Spear of Destiny seems slow?

Edited by Joaquim

Because those are DOS protected mode and real mode games and the virtualbox dynamic recompilation as well as audio emulation are likely s*** for running those games.

Use ports for those games, DOSBox or pcem in that order. Do not use virtualization programs for DOS games except for edge cases.

i need ask more 1 thing: why i can't install the Universal VBE20 2014.01.31 version or above?
i get the Blue Screen after choose the 32MB's

IIRC, vmware and virtualbox use emulated video cards created specifically for those virtualization products. Any DOS VESA TSR you find it likely looking for a video card created during the time period it was created.

Don't use vmware and virtualbox for DOS games except for edge cases like if your computer is a POS, the game doesn't have a windows or linux port, the game runs too slow in DOSBox or pcem.