Is posible run Microsoft Edge on WinXP?

Sergiaws

No way.

The new Microsoft Edge uses the same engine that Chromium uses, hence the fact that it's not gonna run on XP. As to the other version of Edge, the old one, sure thing it had its own engine, but the whole programme was made with Windows 10 and 10 only APIs which means that it's strictly interconnected with the host operating system (Win10). Not only it won't run on older OS like Windows 7, but there are so many missing calls that even open source implementations of Windows APIs like Wine and ReactOS would not be sufficient to run it. On top of this, it's closed source which means that it cannot be modified and recompiled but its own calls have to be implemented in the kernel or a wrapper has to be used.

In other words: sure, if someone is willing to implement a s*** tons of APIs on XP/Linux, he could potentially make it run, but realistically speaking, no one is ever going to do that. For the records: it's a failed project which is no longer maintained by Microsoft, the creator has been fired and the whole browser has been turned into yet another fancy closed source Chromium fork by Microsoft to avoid to spend time on it (if they could get rid of it entirely I'm sure they would). TL;DR it's not worth the effort.

Off-topic, but is the Chromium version of Edge actually deployed in the latest version of Windows 10 (1909)?
If so, I haven't seen any difference, so I guess the UI is exactly the same as before.
:dubbio:

The final version will be released on January 14, in 7 and 8.1 it will be installed as a normal browser, and in 10 it will replace the system EDGE without the possibility of removal. The ability to run it in XP is the same as vanilla chrome, i.e. null.

12 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

The final version will be released on January 14, in 7 and 8.1 it will be installed as a normal browser, and in 10 it will replace the system EDGE without the possibility of removal.

... However, you can delay its installation for as long as you like ;) : 

https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-tip-block-or-prevent-automatic-installation-of-microsoft-edge-browser-via-windows-update/

(... but this would not be a smart move security wise, as M$ will no longer release security patches for the "original" (EdgeHTML/Chakra) iteration... :whistle: )

On 1/12/2020 at 7:07 AM, ED_Sln said:

The final version will be released on January 14, in 7 and 8.1 it will be installed as a normal browser, and in 10 it will replace the system EDGE without the possibility of removal. The ability to run it in XP is the same as vanilla chrome, i.e. null.

Off topic again, but there's no sign of the new Edge here today, it wasn't included in the Patch Tuesday updates as I thought it might be.
It's probably updated using the normal app update mechanism though, so there's still time, although it didn't appear on a manual update check on the Microsoft Store.
:)