MSN not keeping login details for auto logon

rustycaps

I've been having this problem since upgrading MSN to a newer version of 6.1 (came up with that annoying "there is a new version out, do you wish to upgrade?" box, and I said yes to it), and I can't seem to find a solution to get it back to working properly - have tried to do searches (though hard to work out exactly what to search for, as get so many different results), and reinstalled it, even tried the repair option when uninstalling, but nothing has seemed to work.

I'm running ADSL through a router, and have a file server running as DHCP server as well, if that could have any effect, though it would seem to be a local system issue, as it's not storing the details to enable MSN to sign in as soon as I logon.

I've even tried running the .net passport wizard to associate the hotmail address with my windows logon (wizard disabled via regedit tweak found on here somewhere, but still worked fine), but that didn't work either.

I think I did download the full 0211 after I started having the problem, and it didn't seem to fix it then, but have tried again, so will see what happens, but need to reboot after trying each option, but don't really want to do that yet.