SATA XP not working on non SATA PC's?

Arablover

I finally managed to install XP unattended on my Intel 875p notherboard.

Everything worked as normal.

But.................

When I use the same unattended XP CD on a older PC (Intel 815 chipset), it will load in textmode all the drivers and then say that "setup is starting Windows" and then blue screen!

This is JUST before the partitioning stage.

On another even older computer (Pentium 166) it will go past this stage, complete the Windows section (39 minutes) and on reboot blue screen and reboot and blue screen again non stop until I turn the bloody thing off!

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Do I have to have two separate unattended XP CD's? One for older computers and one for SATA computers?

Please advise!

Cheers.

Jeremy

What drivers did you integrate? If you used my set, did you use the most recent one (with the txtsetup.sif patcher)? We were having other issues with BSODs that were being caused by Intel IDE drivers, so they were removed from the package.

just use standard txtsetup.sif and then only add in the ICH5R sata drivers (iaStor.sy_) and it will work on every computer...

My disk has ICH5R, Via8237, Promise376 and Silicon3112 SATA/RAID drivers, added them all myself to the txtsetup.sif and everything works fine on every type of computer?

The entry 3waregsm.sys in the [sourceDisksFiles] section of the inf is corrupt or missing.

I downloaded the latest version of the drivers TODAY and started with a clean txtsetup.sif file.

Ideas?

Cheers.

Jeremy

I am using XP Pro SP1.

I get the error: "The entry 3waregsm.sys in the [sourceDisksFiles] section of the inf is corrupt or missing" on ALL of my systems.

Intel 875 and other various computers.

Am I the only person experiencing this error?

Cheers.

Jeremy