Firefox ESR 52.9.0 - reCAPTCHA on google search

reboot12

It's Google being a PITA. It discriminates against browsers not Chrome/Chrome-like (and maybe against XP, too!).
I confirm the occurrence of that annoyance, but knoe no solution to avoid it, up to now. I think probably there isn't any solution for that. :(

It happens if you search for at least 3 "different" phrases within quick succession.

It is annoying when it happens to me because if Google actually searched for what you typed in, I wouldn't have to change the words I'm searching for!

I often run into it most when I am trying to search for things in other languages, where I do not know what search terms I should be using.

• 1 month later...

I'd rather use DuckDuckGo or Bing.

Yahoo is the same as Bing, just using the same "search engine" from Bing. Oh, how low Yahoo has come... I remember before Google that Yahoo was my 1st ever search engine. Now they don't even look like the same thing as before.

When I'm on MS Edge I use Bing. I also have a plan to avoid Google services at all costs in the future. The only thing we can't avoid is YouTube...

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Google is eliminating old browsers and WinXP. Recently on Google Chrome 49 I started to see a yellow bar with information that the browser will soon be unsupported on YouTube - it's about Polymer:

Polymer

Edited by reboot12

2 hours ago, reboot12 said:

It looks like Google is eliminating old browsers and WinXP. Recently on Google Chrome 49 I started to see a yellow bar with information that the browser will soon be unsupported on YouTube - it's about Polymer:

Polymer

I’m sick of Google trying to dictate how the web should look like. Someone must step in and take the fight against them, because MS has already given up with their new Edge Chromium. Our only hope is Mozilla now.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:40 PM, Bruninho said:

I remember before Google that Yahoo was my 1st ever search engine. Now they don't even look like the same thing as before.

Good old days :yes: I remember Yahoo and Altavista

yahoo.png.46f6ee6a9815dd268c2e991fc8164a48.pngaltavista.png.310add475c2cca74bbc371eb6ab53926.png