Help/ideas with intel card 4500

theelf

Hi to everyone, sorry my english

I have a problem, and i dont find a way to solve, any ideas will be welcome

I have 2 computers

• Desktop -  Dell Optiplex USFF 760
  • Laptop - Dell Latitude e4200

From a hardware side, both computers are the same, one in a desktop case, the other in a laptop form. Same or almost motherboard, ram, etc. The desktop have a graphic card  intel GMA 4500 and the laptop a GMA 4500MHD

I made a norton ghost image of my desktop XP x64, and boot without any problem in the laptop,  just need to install the wifi, bluetooth, etc drivers my desktop dont have

Ok, here is the problem

Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast

• In the desktop works great :thumbup
  • In the laptop, give me a error:  Unable to create Direct3D :thumbdown

Is the same card, same OS, dame drivers, same configs... everything SAME!!! :wacko:

Just to test, i installed windows 7 in the e4200 and Outrun works great,  install a fresh XP x64... and same, Unable to create Direct3D...

I tested the laptop with a external monitor too just in case, same problem.  I check the registry entry of both card (4500 and 4500MHD) but looks same..

I dont know what else to do... any ideas?

thanks a lot

Edited by theelf

Make sure to use the Mobile driver on the notebook instead of the desktop driver. IIRC there was a time when desktop and cpu graphics used the same HwIDs, where you could load the desktop driver onto the mobile, but it didn't unlock the extra features that the mobile chip has.

Hi, sorry delay to answer,   finally i "solve" the problem

I think is a driver or game bug, with fullscreen,  i borrow a different laptop to a friend, with a GMA4500 too,  and installed XP...  same problem

I used latest drivers, and tested different version too, same bug

I solve with DxWnd,  this software is a hooker to run fullscreen programs in window, and the game run great in a "fake fullscreen" in other words a  bordeless window with size of laptop native resolution

Is not a elegant solution, but i can play the game

thanks for reply