It’s time to disconnect RDP from the internet.

Sampei.Nihira

On 12/17/2019 at 10:38 PM, VistaLover said:

... More likely it needs the latest MS Visual C++ Redistributable, together with Win10 Universal CRT (KB2999226); but I'm sure you'll find the cause in due course... :)

No, I installed MS Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015.
Here are the missing files with DW:

B2OGGBAm_o.jpg

PjJnHtJ.png
ESET probably didn't even test it on XP:zzz:

Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection and Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection are missing that prevent it from running

Infact both of these functions are in Server 2003/XP x64 SP1+

Edited by Nojus2001

@Sampei.Nihira

The major issue is

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module

first, not the missing files ("question mark" inside a yellow circle); check for missing functions in XP's system files, like kernel32.dll; those files will be marked with a reddish square in the tree structure in the left side-bar; click the + signs where needed ;)

At least one other XP user has reported the inability to run that file, perhaps he could also investigate with DW and if a pattern is found and verified, perhaps the app's devs should be alerted their file doesn't run on ALL XP setups; just my 2 eurocents, ofc :)

Buon Natale!

EDIT: Beaten to it by mere seconds by @Nojus2001  :P

Edited by VistaLover

19 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

@Sampei.Nihira

The major issue is

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module

first, not the missing files ("question mark" inside a yellow circle); check for missing functions in XP's system files, like kernel32.dll; those files will be marked with a reddish square in the tree structure in the left side-bar; click the + signs where needed ;)

At least one other XP user has reported the inability to run that file, perhaps he could also investigate with DW and if a pattern is found and verified, perhaps the app's devs should be alerted their file doesn't run on ALL XP setups; just my 2 eurocents, ofc :)

Buon Natale!

EDIT: Beaten to it by mere seconds by @Nojus2001  :P

I have not highlighted them in the image because they are not there.

Buone feste natalizie anche a te e i tuoi cari.:)

@to all

Guys thank you all very much.

22 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The path is in the image of the first post.

Ok it is running from Documents. Put it into its own dir. Then you can put copies of the files that it "can't find" in that dir. Unless the program was coded with direct links, dependent files can be in the source dir or System32 or Syswow. That is one way you could say... use a different kernel32.dll than the OS is using, by putting it in the source dir. You can attach a Process Monitor to the .exe to see the search order that is done when looking for files.

2 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Ok it is running from Documents. Put it into its own dir. Then you can put copies of the files that it "can't find" in that dir. Unless the program was coded with direct links, dependent files can be in the source dir or System32 or Syswow. That is one way you could say... use a different kernel32.dll than the OS is using, by putting it in the source dir. You can attach a Process Monitor to the .exe to see the search order that is done when looking for files.

I did a search on the net.
Some of those dlls shouldn't be in Windows XP.

The Encrypting File System (efsadu.dll) only exists in XP Pro and higher.

wer.dll and mpr.dll are red herrings though; dependency walker always whines about them. You won't need them.

But I think 2003 SP1's kernel32.dll is adaptable to XP. Anyone know of an update that contains it?

Edited by win32

7 minutes ago, win32 said:

The Encrypting File System (efsadu.dll) only exists in XP Pro and higher.

wer.dll and mpr.dll are red herrings though; dependency walker always whines about them. You won't need them.

But I think 2003 SP1's kernel32.dll is adaptable to XP. Anyone know of an update that contains it?

:yes:

I have Windows XP Home.