Unable to install/update HeidiSQL

NojusK

Hello, long time since i've created a thread here. Anyways, the issue i'm facing is that the new release of HeidiSQL 10.3 installer gives a "Not valid Win32 application" error:

35095-1-2019-12-12_19-56-08.png

The installer was made with Inno Setup 6v, keep in mind the program itself has zero missing dependencies. The developer suggested me to download the portable version and delete 'portable.lock' to make like it's installed on the system, though. I obviously discussed on the official forum and the end I was recommended to upgrade Windows :puke: (again with the ol' mantra). So, my question is, can it be made with some magic to the installer, so it would run on XP/Server 2003? :)

16 minutes ago, win32 said:

Try BWC's pemaker and change the installer's PE Subsystem to 5.1/5.2.

Well, I tried changing it, still trows the same error and when loading the exe, still shows 6.0 instead of 5.1 :/

You did save it in pemaker, right? I did it and it shows 5.1. The problem is that the installer is bootstrapped and contains another installer that also has a PE subsystem of 6.0.

You will have to use a program capable of extracting files from inno installers, like the ones listed in this post:

update: I just used innounp and it extracted the program contents, but not another installer.

Edited by win32

5 hours ago, win32 said:

You will have to use a program capable of extracting files from inno installers,

Since the author of that application does already provide a "portable" version of his software, there's not much sense in doing that for HeidiSQL 10.3 :P ; besides, OP wants an installer for proper (non-portable) installation; my advice: use the previous XP-compatible installer, then overwrite old binaries with the new ones contained inside the portable package; some registry manual correction would be then needed (probably just "cosmetic") to make the OS aware that a "new" version of the app is now in place... ;)

(if OP has access to a Vista+ machine, he could install there while using a registry/installation monitoring application, extract the registry keys HeidiSQL 10.3 created during installation and then, with minor edits, merge those keys in his XP/Server2k3 machine...)

Just my 2 eurocents :D