win vista+usb 3 drivters, how to integrate?

sonnyblue

Hi all

I do have usb 3.0 drivers and nvme/sata ahci drivers I used to install win 7,  I saw the compatibility cpu list and I have ryzen 7 but how do I integrate these drivers into win vista install disc to make keyboard and mice usb 3.0 recognizable and the modern ssd and nvme disks?

Thank you

Long live vista

• dencorso changed the title to win vista+usb 3 drivters, how to integrate?

The nvme/ahci drivers may be integtable, but the usb3 ones for intel are modded drivers still too experimental for integrating, at this point in time, IMO. Yet, development is progressing apace, so soon enough that should be safely doable. 

49 minutes ago, dencorso said:

The nvme/ahci drivers may be integtable, but the usb3 ones for intel are modded drivers still too experimental for integrating, at this point in time, IMO. Yet, development is progressing apace, so soon enough that should be safely doable. 

aH Interesting, Thenn I will wait for it! thanks dude

3 hours ago, sonnyblue said:

...how do I integrate these drivers into win vista install disc to make keyboard and mice usb 3.0 recognizable and the modern ssd and nvme disks?

Welcome to MSFN. I dimly recall that @greenhillmaniac was once making a custom Vista ISO but had a major problem with USB 3.0 drivers. Unfortunately that thread may have been lost due to a June 2018 server crash (or otherwise deleted) because I can't seem to find it. Hopefully greenhillmaniac will take an interest in your post. (I'm running Vista on 2007 vintage hardware myself.)

18 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Welcome to MSFN. I dimly recall that @greenhillmaniac was once making a custom Vista ISO but had a major problem with USB 3.0 drivers. Unfortunately that thread may have been lost due to a June 2018 server crash (or otherwise deleted) because I can't seem to find it. Hopefully greenhillmaniac will take an interest in your post. (I'm running Vista on 2007 vintage hardware myself.)

Hi

I have 3 rigs, one in work with 10 which I hate a lot (tried to purchase the ltsc version but is too expensive tho...), current with I7 that does not support win vista ( :/ ) and the other more new with ryzen 7 which I read in this forum a post with the full cpu support list for vista so I will try it. Only I do need know how integrate drivers.  You are a guy with crazy luck with your old pc :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 1:37 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

I dimly recall that @greenhillmaniac was once making a custom Vista ISO but had a major problem with USB 3.0 drivers....(I'm running Vista on 2007 vintage hardware myself.)

See greenhillmaniac's current post in which he advises against trying to slipstream (integrate) USB 3.0 drivers and recommends installing using a PS/2 keyboard. Have you tried that?

On 12/8/2019 at 8:18 AM, sonnyblue said:

You are a guy with crazy luck with your old pc :)

I'm not the only one with such luck. MSFN has more XP diehards than Vista diehards, and many of them are still using hardware that is probably too old to satisfactorily run Vista or Windows 7.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

See greenhillmaniac's current post in which he advises against trying to slipstream (integrate) USB 3.0 drivers and recommends installing using a PS/2 keyboard. Have you tried that?

I'm not the only one with such luck. MSFN has more XP diehards than Vista diehards, and many of them are still using hardware that is probably too old to satisfactorily run Vista or Windows 7.

Hi

Sorry for the delay reply, I'll see this post, first i've to look for an ps2 keyboard mmm...thats a problem. Thanks for this suggestion

Question: I have in a box an usb 2.0 pci-ex card with 3 ports could this solve this issue? Or its better trying to pick a ps2 keyboard instead?

3 hours ago, sonnyblue said:

Question: I have in a box an usb 2.0 pci-ex card with 3 ports could this solve this issue? Or its better trying to pick a ps2 keyboard instead?

Personally I would go for the PS2 keyboard.

The USB 2.0 pci card (while a nice idea :)) seems to me something that would be worth the time of an experiment, but there is a concrete risk that the install will fail, or - if you prefer -  PS2 keyboard surely works, your USB 2.0 PCI card may.

jaclaz

• 2 years later...

Folks , any news regarding this subject ? @win32 wrote he has signed drivers , perhaps he will help us with integrating them? Thanks , win32.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183035-will-windows-vista-work-on-amd-ryzen-3-3250u/#comment-1206474

On 12/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, jaclaz said:

Personally I would go for the PS2 keyboard.

And what if the board has no PS/2 ? I was offered a dirt cheap board in an almost new condition . That m0ronic board only has USB3.0 and sata . So my IDE DVD ROM from 2007 wil not work . Yes , I know about installing on another PC . But not so convenient ... is there a way to feed the unsigned drivers ? Or maybe release MSFN signed drivers for MSFN members only . Thanks.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, K4sum1 said:

Has anyone figured out integrating drivers? (outside of USB 3) I need to know.

I guess not, at least I don't know anything about it.  The forum has been mostly about XP and W11, at least for the last 2 years without you.

I can share my solution regarding USB 3.1, I just bought several PCI-e and PCI boards from a well known Austrian manufacturer, I can tell the name of the store via PM.

It has signed drivers . So for me it is solved. Tell Compa I'm starting to miss his weird humour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 3:38 AM, K4sum1 said:

Has anyone figured out integrating drivers? 

They need to be signed. Will this tutorial also work for Vista ? I don't know. Try it.

Signing the Driver Package with a Self-Signed Certificate

"Self-signed user-mode drivers (usually printers, scanners, plotters, etc.) will work even with SecureBoot enabled.

For kernel-mode drivers, you will have to disable digital signature verification and boot Windows in a test mod"

taken from :

https://woshub.com/how-to-sign-an-unsigned-driver-for-windows-7-x64/