Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
daniel_k

Intel USB3 (XHCI) driver for Windows Vista x86/x64

Sadly, this came too late, but please try it.
It's based on the same AMDXHC driver for Windows XP, but this required just a device check patch.

Included are both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) drivers, plus the "switch" driver.

- The AMDXHC driver is safe to use and easily installed.

- Only for Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell (*) systems (7, 8 and 9 series chipsets), the "switch" driver may be needed if you don't get USB3 speeds. To use this, I'd recommend a backup.

1. Open Device Manager -> System Devices -> PCI Bus
  2. Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  3. Have Disk -> open the folder containing the HCSwitch driver files
  4. PCI Bus will be displayed, continue the installation. When finished, just restart Vista.
    (*) Haswell should work with Vista 32-bit (x86) only.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1kjhhl0fq1ofc2m

The original Intel XHCI driver can be modded to work on Vista, but as this one works so fine, I don't have any plans to do it.

Edited by daniel_k
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, daniel_k said:

It's based on the same AMDXHC driver for Windows XP, but this required just a device check patch.

OK. Thanks! But... where's the pointer to the package? :dubbio:
You rock! :worship:

@dencorso
Done!

Was about to post this on Win-Raid, but I believe this forum has more Vista diehards! :yes:

Edited by daniel_k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daniel_k said:

Was about to post this on Win-Raid, but I believe this forum has more Vista diehards! :yes:

True enough! And here it's sure to get well tested truly fast, so any issue ought to show soon (in case there actually is any)! Keep on the great work! :thumbup

On 12/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, daniel_k said:

Included are both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) drivers, plus the "switch" driver.

- The AMDXHC driver is safe to use and easily installed.

- Only for Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell (*) systems (7, 8 and 9 series chipsets), the "switch" driver may be needed if you don't get USB3 speeds. To use this, I'd recommend a backup.

1. Open Device Manager -> System Devices -> PCI Bus
  2. Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  3. Have Disk -> open the folder containing the HCSwitch driver files
  4. PCI Bus will be displayed, continue the installation. When finished, just restart Vista.
    (*) Haswell should work with Vista 32-bit (x86) only.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1kjhhl0fq1ofc2m

The original Intel XHCI driver can be modded to work on Vista, but as this one works so fine, I don't have any plans to do it.

Unfortunately, the switch drivers do not work for me. After installing it, my USB 3.0 ports simply don't work, and attempting to install the AMDXHC driver gives me an error: "Code 10: the device cannot start."

I'm using an ASUS P8B75-M motherboard.

• Like 1

@WinClient5270

Please restore your Vista installation and try only the USB driver.