Intel USB3 (XHCI) driver for Windows Vista x86/x64

daniel_k

Sadly, this came too late, but please try it.
It's based on the same AMDXHC driver for Windows XP, but this required just a device check patch.

Included are both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) drivers, plus the "switch" driver.

- The AMDXHC driver is safe to use and easily installed.

- Supports all Intel USB 3.1 XHCI controllers (7, 8, 9, 100, 200 and 300 series, maybe even HEDT chipsets).

- "Switch" driver may be needed if you don't get USB3 speeds on Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell (*) systems (7, 8 and 9 series chipsets). To use this, I'd recommend a backup.

1. Open Device Manager -> System Devices -> PCI Bus
  2. Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  3. Have Disk -> open the folder containing the HCSwitch driver files
  4. PCI Bus will be displayed, continue the installation. When finished, just restart Vista.
    (*) Haswell should work with Vista 32-bit (x86) only.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1kjhhl0fq1ofc2m

The original Intel XHCI driver can be modded to work on Vista, but as this one works so fine, I don't have any plans to do it.

Edited by daniel_k

4 minutes ago, daniel_k said:

It's based on the same AMDXHC driver for Windows XP, but this required just a device check patch.

OK. Thanks! But... where's the pointer to the package? :dubbio:
You rock! :worship:

1 hour ago, daniel_k said:

Was about to post this on Win-Raid, but I believe this forum has more Vista diehards! :yes:

True enough! And here it's sure to get well tested truly fast, so any issue ought to show soon (in case there actually is any)! Keep on the great work! :thumbup

On 12/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, daniel_k said:

Included are both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) drivers, plus the "switch" driver.

- Only for Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell (*) systems (7, 8 and 9 series chipsets), the "switch" driver may be needed if you don't get USB3 speeds. To use this, I'd recommend a backup.

2. Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  4. PCI Bus will be displayed, continue the installation. When finished, just restart Vista.

The original Intel XHCI driver can be modded to work on Vista, but as this one works so fine, I don't have any plans to do it.

Unfortunately, the switch drivers do not work for me. After installing it, my USB 3.0 ports simply don't work, and attempting to install the AMDXHC driver gives me an error: "Code 10: the device cannot start."

I'm using an ASUS P8B75-M motherboard.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:20 AM, daniel_k said:

- Only for Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell (*) systems (7, 8 and 9 series chipsets), the "switch" driver may be needed if you don't get USB3 speeds. To use this, I'd recommend a backup.

no luck for skylake? unfortunate , the original intel xhci would be which one? is there a link? i dont mind usb 2.0 speeds as long as it works 

Edited by burd

17 hours ago, burd said:

no luck for skylake? unfortunate , the original intel xhci would be which one? is there a link? i dont mind usb 2.0 speeds as long as it works 

Edited first post, it should now be clear.

- Supports all Intel USB 3.1 XHCI controllers (7, 8, 9, 100, 200 and 300 series, maybe even HEDT chipsets).

Edited by daniel_k

damn im impressed , it works ,im not sure about speeds , but thanks didnt think i'd see this day :D

im using skylake (100 series chipset) should i install the switch driver anyhow?

Edited by burd

On 12/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, daniel_k said:

Could I get a link to the AMDXHC driver for testing?

Would this driver also work on XP? Would this allow Z390 USB ports to work on Windows 7?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, daniel_k said:

- "Switch" driver may be needed if you don't get USB3 speeds on Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell (*) systems (7, 8 and 9 series chipsets). To use this, I'd recommend a backup.

Will this driver work on XP? If not, can someone send the link for the XP USB3 driver?