Windows 10 PE * add * CLEANMGR.EXE

la72pt

hello forum.

i've allready made 'my' w10pe sometime ago only for dism capture purposes.
now, i need to add cleanmgr 'DiskCleanUp' to wpe.
like other apps, i've copied the .exe, .mui and the .mun to their respective folders.
i've Add-Package WinPE_OCs\WinPE-WMI.cab to the wpe.
but can't get cleanmgr 'Clean Manager / Disk Cleanup' to work.

any help please?
thank you.
best regards, l.a.

WinPE has no Windows on Windows, so make sure that all of the binaries that your program uses match the architecture of your WinPE.

Otherwise, you'll need to do so testing on your own. Using a ProcMon session on the .exe from within the WinPE may reveal something it cant' find. Otherwise, you'll have to run a dependency scanner of some sort on the .exe from within the WinPE.

2 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

WinPE has no Windows on Windows, so make sure that all of the binaries that your program uses match the architecture of your WinPE.

Otherwise, you'll need to do so testing on your own. Using a ProcMon session on the .exe from within the WinPE may reveal something it cant' find. Otherwise, you'll have to run a dependency scanner of some sort on the .exe from within the WinPE.

To be picky (as I am BTW) the "normal" WinPE from MS does not have it, but it is entirely possible to have it in a PE build created by one of the common tools, i.e. Winbuilder or PEbakery.

Win10PE SE has a script "WOW64 Basic" (written by our friend JFX) that does exactly that, i.e. "WoW64 (Windows on Windows64) provides support for running 32bit programs in a 64bit environment.".

jaclaz 

6 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

thank you for your reply.

i'm sure the binaries match the architeture of my pe.

i've tried to discover the correct dll with 'Dependencies' (An open-source modern Dependency Walker), tested some, but no lucky so far.

i'll try the procmon, thanks.

it's frustrating, some litle things give so many work. damn ms.

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

To be picky (as I am BTW) the "normal" WinPE from MS does not have it, but it is entirely possible to have it in a PE build created by one of the common tools, i.e. Winbuilder or PEbakery.

Win10PE SE has a script "WOW64 Basic" (written by our friend JFX) that does exactly that, i.e. "WoW64 (Windows on Windows64) provides support for running 32bit programs in a 64bit environment.".

jaclaz 

thank you for your reply.

i know that is possible, there are many w10pe iso's over the net, i've tried some and verify that is possible, but want to do my own pe, very simple pe.

i'll try that "WOW64 Basic" script.

thanks jaclaz.