Would an amd ryzen 7 1800x work on Windows Vista?

Windows Vista

On 9/27/2021 at 3:19 PM, AnX said:

I don't understand what you mean by "how do you explain"

Well , it's simple , earlier you wrote that the bug is due to "Nvidia DX11 drivers" , so I was wondering why it still happens even if I do not have them installed and on a machine without Nvidia card and even without Intel video drivers .

• 1 month later...

As earlier posts in this thread suggest that Haswell+ and Ryzen problems are caused by the same bug in HAL, I decided to test if the issue was solved in the 6003 version of hal.dll (see this: https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/page/106/?tab=comments#comment-1206074)

I installed KB4474419 and hal.dll was upgraded to version 6003.

Result: Nothing changed, BSODs are still occurring as they were.

This means that the article on Beta Wiki was indeed a fake news or (less likely) that Haswell+ and Ryzen problems are in fact unrelated.

PC specs: AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF, B350 MB with April 2018 BIOS version, Nvidia 1050TI, Windows Vista x64

Edited by TSNH
PC specs

3 hours ago, TSNH said:

This means that the article on Beta Wiki was indeed a fake news or (less likely) that Haswell+ and Ryzen problems are in fact unrelated.

Well win32 said August 27, 2020 back on page 2 that he was “working on a Haswell+-specific issue, which is completely unrelated to the Ryzen problems.” I may have “overreacted” a bit to your post, but I awoke in a generous mood. :)