Would an amd ryzen 7 1800x work on Windows Vista?

Windows Vista

On 8/22/2020 at 11:48 PM, docR said:

Pardon me in case its been answered before, but what motherboard are you using? Have you ever tried 4xx?

I have a B450M and it's basically giving me the problems I described. 

21 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Yeah

Hmmm, I hope it can be solved, though it's an old operating system and it may never happen.

Sometimes it takes time to happen, some times it happens multiple tipes when starting Windows Vista, or when doing anything else.

Edited by ilwalaihr

22 minutes ago, ilwalaihr said:

Hmmm, I hope it can be solved, though it's an old operating system and it may never happen.

I know win32 is working on fixing a Ryzen specific problem in vista, but I don't know if the one win32 is working on and the one that is causing your BSODs is the same problem.

10 minutes ago, Ximonite said:

I know win32 is working on fixing a Ryzen specific problem in vista, but I don't know if the one win32 is working on and the one that is causing your BSODs is the same problem.

The only BSOD that has been happening to me now is the BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019, now it's happening when I try to install my sound driver: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.81.

Edited by ilwalaihr

2 minutes ago, ilwalaihr said:

The only BSOD that has been happening to me is the BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019, now it's happening when I try to install my sound driver: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.81.

1 hour ago, ilwalaihr said:

Windows Vista is giving me a variety of BSODs. 

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BAD_POOL_HEADER

0x0000007E

0x0000001E

Is this a Ryzen specific problem? 

🤔

1 minute ago, asdf2345 said:

🤔

The other ones stopped happening when I disabled the page file and cdrom (it was trying to detect one even when I don't have one). Forgot to add the "now", my bad. 

Edited by ilwalaihr

Just now, ilwalaihr said:

The other ones stopped happening somehow. Forgot to add the "now".

Oops! 

Did you install a driver before the sound drivers? What version of drivers did you go with for the chipset? Was there anything you did between the last BSOD, and the Realtek BSODs?

6 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Did you install a driver before the sound drivers? What version of drivers did you go with for the chipset? Was there anything you did between the last BSOD, and the Realtek BSODs?

Well, looks like the 0x0000001E happened now when I was trying to set Firefox as my default browser. 

I was installing the version 2.81, the last driver I remembered installing was the USB Drivers one, I don't install any chipset drivers, when It ran, it caused a BSOD. 

Edit: now IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL happened again (0x0000000A) when booting my PC after the 0x0000001E BSOD. 

Maybe a conflict? Or maybe the USB drivers are causing this. 

Edited by ilwalaihr

17 minutes ago, Ximonite said:

I'm working on an Haswell+-specific issue, which is completely unrelated to the Ryzen problems.

Luckily someone posted kernel dumps of their Ryzen crashes earlier on (I have no Ryzen myself, and literally no room for it), so I'll try to correct those issues once I start seriously modifying ntoskrnl (I already changed the version to 6.1 and moved the export table to a new section at the end of file, and have no issues).

And didn't you say that you ran Vista on Ryzen too? Were there any issues with your config?

44 minutes ago, win32 said:

I'm working on an Haswell+-specific issue, which is completely unrelated to the Ryzen problems.

Luckily someone posted kernel dumps of their Ryzen crashes earlier on (I have no Ryzen myself, and literally no room for it), so I'll try to correct those issues once I start seriously modifying ntoskrnl (I already changed the version to 6.1 and moved the export table to a new section at the end of file, and have no issues).

And didn't you say that you ran Vista on Ryzen too? Were there any issues with your config?

Oh nice!

44 minutes ago, win32 said:

Edited by ilwalaihr

42 minutes ago, win32 said:

I ran Vista on my Ryzen system a while ago, but I couldn't find drivers for most of the devices. It was stable, but I wasn't using any drivers that aren't built into Vista.

Edited by Ximonite

Just now, Ximonite said:

I ran Vista on my Ryzen system a while ago, but I couldn't find drivers for most of the devices. It ran fine, but I wasn't using any drivers that aren't built into Vista.

I'm running the drivers for my GPU and USB only.

1 hour ago, ilwalaihr said:

I'm running the drivers for my GPU and USB only.

I'm pretty sure the issue is USB related. I get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen when a USB drive is plugged in.