Would an amd ryzen 7 1800x work on Windows Vista?

Windows Vista

sorry to bother you guys again but i'm planning to upgrade my cpu and motherboard as i have an intel core i5 2500 cpu i want to get rid of  as i want to upgrade to a more recent cpu

i'm planning to upgrade my cpu to an amd ryzen 7 1700x

i've heard all summit ridge models support Windows Vista but would Vista work on the am4 motherboard?

Edited by Windows Vista

• 2 weeks later...

As I've posted in a previous thread, it is possible to get Ryzen working on Vista, but drivers are kind of a pain to get working. Windows 7 USB3 drivers do work on Vista, but don't try and slipstream them, because they're not signed for NT 6.0. I would recommend first installing using a PS/2 keyboard and a DVD, if possible.

KFZF64k.jpg

Edited by greenhillmaniac

• 7 months later...
On 12/16/2019 at 9:44 AM, greenhillmaniac said:

As I've posted in a previous thread, it is possible to get Ryzen working on Vista, but drivers are kind of a pain to get working. Windows 7 USB3 drivers do work on Vista, but don't try and slipstream them, because they're not signed for NT 6.0. I would recommend first installing using a PS/2 keyboard and a DVD, if possible.

KFZF64k.jpg

What ISO are you using?

29 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

At the time I was using an updated ISO I built.

Hmm, guess I'll need to build my own updated ISO, and try again

Anything I need to know, like what software to use, and what order the updates go in, and such?

6 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Hmm, guess I'll need to build my own updated ISO, and try again

Anything I need to know, like what software to use, and what order the updates go in, and such?

You really are going to need a ps2 keyboard to be able to install it. Tried it on my own, but don’t have a ps2 keyboard and usb stuff didn’t work. I think your best bet would be to install it on the hard drive from another computer and then put that hard drive back to your ryzen system.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:44 PM, greenhillmaniac said:

KFZF64k.jpg

I have an idea. Could you try installing Vista with a stock MSDN ISO, without any updates?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, greenhillmaniac said:

At the time I was using an updated ISO I built.

Pardon me in case its been answered before, but what motherboard are you using? Have you ever tried 4xx?

7 hours ago, ilwalaihr said:

@greenhillmaniac Edit: I got it to install, can you tell me where can I find the USB Drivers though?

Download the oldest chipset drivers for your board, let them extract, then install them using device manager.

Do not install AMD PSP or PCI. ESPECIALLY NOT PSP.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:51 PM, asdf2345 said:

Download the oldest chipset drivers for your board, let them extract, then install them using device manager.

Do not install AMD PSP or PCI. ESPECIALLY NOT PSP.

I get a Code 19 error when I try to install the USB Drivers, weird, they were working before.

Solved, thanks for the help on this forum.

Edited by ilwalaihr