Discord and slack-client ripcord on XP - who would be willing to buy a license?

neverseen

Hey friends,

I'm trying to convince the maintainer of ripcord, (http://cancel.fm/ripcord), a desktop chat client that supports discord and slack, to port his awesome work to XP. Therefore, I would like to show him how many users would support him by buying a license. Everyone who would be willing to purchase the program when it worked on XP, please post here.

Here are the license terms:

Ripcord is shareware. You can try it without paying, but if you use the Slack features, you'll eventually need to pay up.

• Not a subscription—never expires
  • Includes 1 year of free version upgrades
  • Windows, Mac, and Linux all in a single license
  • Use on as many personal computers as you want
    (as long as you're the only person using it)

Ripcord is developed by one person. Every license purchase goes a long way.

If you don't use Ripcord's Slack features, buying a license is optional.

If you need a Slack client, that seems pretty reasonable.

I didn't miss the point; I just thought folks might like an idea of how much the license would cost if this goes through, and what they'd get for their money. It's reasonable to assume the cost for an XP license would be the same as for the Win 7+ version, or at least close to the same.

After all, the answer to "would you be willing to pay?" usually depends on the answer to "how much?" Probably wouldn't get many responses without that tiny bit of info....

10 hours ago, neverseen said:

Hey friends,

I'm trying to convince the maintainer of ripcord, (http://cancel.fm/ripcord), a desktop chat client that supports discord and slack, to port his awesome work to XP. Therefore, I would like to show him how many users would support him by buying a license. Everyone who would be willing to purchase the program when it worked on XP, please post here.

Would it allow me to use voice chat?

@Mathwiz yes, I didn't think about that, thanks! @sparty411 yes it would enable you to use the voicechat. However first of all we have to convince him to port it to XP, and I strongly suppose we can primarily do that by showing him that people would appreciate it by giving him money, so spread the word!