Willing to share XP patches for Chrome 76

DoaJC_Blogger

Got it. I've tried to go several level down and I noticed that there are some missing APIs. The problem is that once I fixed one, several others I was ignoring of pop up. It's a dependency nightmare. I'll take a look at it again in the next coming days...

On 12/4/2019 at 3:41 AM, FranceBB said:

Sure, I don't think @dencorso will have something against it: https://mega.nz/#!6JESDYrQ!gw0yUcbVfIsTIEU5bEbzh73qfXwACV8wwqdDGbaLxro

(Den, in case there's something wrong, feel free to edit my reply and remove the installer).

i think you are so close to get it up and running at least on Vista. Even aero works. But the browser just does not do anything else.

Bez názvu.jpg

On 12/6/2019 at 12:44 AM, Jaguarek62 said:

i think you are so close to get it up and running at least on Vista. Even aero works. But the browser just does not do anything else.

Tried it on Vista SP2 32-bit and yes, AERO works nicely :cheerleader: ; so does the Task Manager; but every tab crashes when it tries to load :( ; I've seen this happen when I tried to run Google Chrome 51 (release) under Vista...

zvT79gh.jpg

My wholehearted wishes towards the success of this project (but it'd be a shame if it succeeds on XP but not on Vista... :( )

EDIT: Checking with dependency walker, it appears there are still missing function calls under Vista SP2; e.g. chrome_child.dll looks for function QueryUnbiasedInterruptTime in Vista's kernel32.dll system file; but that function requires Win7+'s version of kernel32.dll... :(

Edited by VistaLover
typo

6 hours ago, caliber said:

question is, why are you on Vista rather than W7 if they look pretty much the same ??

i can ask you pretty much the same question. Why you resist to switch? i mean we are here for a reason. We're the minority and we should not ask these questions..

• 2 weeks later...

hello Dibya

i can offer some help in the kernel ex for windows xp

i got knowlegue in debugging, assembly, win32 api, pe header , c/c++, masm

if you want i offer free help to your project

i just need a live contact to share the requied informations , like methods that where used (dll wrapper, pe edits, sections, norms that we use, masm) code that being shared